Chapter 67: You & I.

Recap:

Caroline sighed and rested her chin on top of Talia's head. "You're exhausted, honey, get some rest. I'll be here, just next door." She kissed Talia's head, rested her chin on her head for a few seconds. "You're gonna get through this and I'm gonna help you." After that, Caroline walked out of the room.

Talia stared at her reflection for the longest time and finally stood up, letting the shawl fall to the floor. As if in a trance, she locked the door with her magic before she walked towards the large four poster bed. Fresh tears fell and she pulled her warm hoodie close to her as she closed her eyes. After a while, she felt her bed sag slightly. Seconds later, a cool hand was placed on her thigh, making her jolt. She turned.

"I'm here now,"

"About time," Talia sniffled as she faced him. "He's gone." Talia whispered, her eyes red in tears. "My Dad...he's gone." She looked at Klaus and shook. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"You have me. I will help you get through this, even if it's the last thing I do,"

"Stay with me, please," Talia whispered.

Klaus pulled the covers over them and put his arm around Talia as she cried silently into his chest. After a while, Talia fell asleep. Klaus continued to rub her arm soothingly. He looked at her and sighed before closing his eyes.

Chapter 67:

"Morning,"

"Alright?"

"Yeah. Sleep well?"

"Not really."

"Here, have some breakfast before I take you home...you can have a shower and get a fresh change of clothes for the memorial."

Talia stopped, her hand reaching for the coffee pot. "What memorial?"

"The Council members, it was rescheduled for today after the storm yesterday." Stefan murmured. "Did you forget?" He asked anxiously.

"Hm...I can't make it...sorry," Talia mumbled. "I'm busy."

"Busy doing what?" Caroline asked as she walked in. She looked at Stefan. "Elena is still under the weather."

"Someone has to make a start on Dad's stuff and Elena is too poorly as she's a vampire while Jeremy is still grieving."

Caroline sighed sympathetically. "Honey, his things can wait. There's no rush. You're grieving as well. Don't forget that."

Talia didn't reply as she stared at the coffee pot.

"So, sleep well?" Caroline asked.

Talia stared at her. "Caroline, you know damn well I didn't sleep well." Talia saw Caroline's face fall and she exhaled. "Sorry, sorry, that was out of order. Sorry."

"It's nothing," Caroline smiled. "You want some coffee? I'll make some for you. 

Talia looked at the coffee maker again. "You know what, I'll walk home. Need the fresh air. Plus Jeremy is there." Talia grabbed her jacket and walked out of the Salvatore Boarding House.

"Caroline, does Talia seem different to you?"

"Different how?"

"Just...last night, it felt like someone was in the guest room with her but I couldn't hear anything. Not even her breathing."

"She probably did a spell to block sound from going out." Caroline murmured.

"Why though?"

"Because she didn't want anyone to hear her cry? Bonnie told me how Talia was crying on Ric's grave. She even used magic against Damon."