Chapter 89: I'm Singing in the Pain.

Recap:

"No, Klaus. You're the one who's being ridiculous. I love you, for God's sake! Tyler is over me and I am over him. He is ancient history!"

"How naive you are, love!" Klaus spat. "I saw him at the bar. He was fawning over you, practically hanging on your every word and drooling like the dog he is. He calls you. He texts you. He tries to get you alone! He... he wants you! Can't you see that Tyler still loves you?!" Klaus was now yelling, his face contorted in rage. "You are mine and only mine!"

"That's his problem!" Talia snapped. "I don't love him! I love you, you son of a bitch, I'm going out with you, though I don't know why I'm even with you right now." A look of shock flashed across Klaus' face and Talia froze, regretting her words instantly. "Klaus, I'm sorry, I didn't me-"

Klaus grabbed Talia's forearms roughly and pulled her towards him, shaking her. "Say that again," he snarled, his fangs protruding.

"Let go of me, Klaus," Talia tried to pull her arms free. "Klaus, please, you're hurting me."

Klaus released her. He looked at her, his eyes filled with anger. Seconds later, he sped away.

Talia stood still as tears fell. "I'm sorry."

Chapter 89:

"I can't believe it's Christmas Day tomorrow!" Caroline squealed as she placed a freshly iced cake onto the worktop and picked another one to ice. "Your first Christmas with us, Talia! You excited?!"

"I guess," Talia mumbled.

Caroline smiled. "Gee, I'm living for your enthusiasm!"

"Yay," Talia smiled tightly. For the past 30 minutes, she had been sending Klaus lots of messages, but he would not reply or even open her messages. "Yay..."

"Lia?" Bonnie looked up from her own phone. "You don't sound happy. What's up?"

"Nothing." Talia put down her phone with more force than she intended. 

"Something clearly is up and you're taking it out on your cell phone," Caroline raised her eyebrows before she smiled. "Aw, I know what's up. You're nervous about singing later on tonight."

"Yup," Talia laughed uneasily. "That's just it, Care. Back of the net. You're so good at reading people."

"Are you sure?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah."

"How about I whip up something herbal?" Bonnie suggested. "Milk thistle and honey, it'll help calm your nerves."

"That would be most lovely, Bonnie, thank you ever so much." Talia murmured.

"Hey guys," Elena walked in. "Talia, hey, you look nice."

"Thanks. You alright?" Talia nodded.

"Yeah... you? Ready to sing this evening?"

"I can't do this," Talia stood up and walked out.

"What did I say wrong?" Elena asked.

"She just nervous about tonight," Bonnie smiled sympathetically. "Don't worry, Lena, it's not you."

"Sure it's just nerves?" Elena asked, her eyebrows raised. "She hasn't looked me in the eye since she was accused of planting that bomb. She didn't even come home last night!"

"Did she stay with Matt?" Caroline asked.

"No." Elena murmured. "She slept in my car."

"What? How do you know?"