Chapter 107: Mmm, You Guys Had a BBQ or Something?

Recap:

"Your choice, Talia," Elena stood still and closed her eyes, mere inches away from the flames.

"No, you silly, fucking bitch!" Talia screamed as she grabbed Elena's hand. "We are not dying together, damn it! Move!! We need to get- argh!" Talia ducked as Elena lunged towards her. "You're mad! I'm trying to save us, you mad woman!" Talia ran back into the living room, where Klaus was banging the window harder. The others began to pound. "Elena, don't!" Talia screamed as Elena grabbed her by the hair and dragged her back. Without warning, Elena swung her own arm back before bringing it across, the knife heading straight for Talia's stomach. "No, please, don't!"

"Talia!" Klaus's yell was filled with anger and pain as he watched the scene before him. He placed his hand on the window, "Talia!"

"No, pleas-" Talia grunted as she looked down, but someone was holding the blade of the knife, which was mere millimetres from her stomach. Shaking, Talia looked up and froze. It was Jeremy.

Chapter 107:

"Jeremy?" Bonnie gasped as she pushed through Caroline and Matt. "Jeremy! Can you hear me?!" 

"What the hell?" Damon looked at Stefan, who was just as shocked. Both brothers stared through the window, forgetting about the fire that was slowly spreading. 

Inside the Gilbert residence, Talia backed away and accidentally knocked over a vase that once belonged to Elena's grandmother. "Jeremy!" Talia gasped. "You! But you, you're dead!"

Jeremy pulled the knife away and stared at Elena. "I died because of you."

"No..." Elena whimpered as she backed away.

"Jer?" Talia was alarmed as Jeremy advanced towards Elena. "Jeremy? Is that you?"

Jeremy continued to glare at Elena, as if he did not hear Talia. "Admit it, Elena. It's your fault I died."

"No, no, you're not real. You're de- you died." Elena touched her head as she shook. "No, you're not real. A ghost... you're a ghost! You're not real. I- I'm hallucinating."

"Are you sure?" Jeremy's smile was hollow. Without looking away from Elena, Jeremy cut across his palm and blood began to pool it in. Holding his hand up so blood dripped down, Jeremy smiled. "Do ghosts bleed?"

"Jeremy?" Talia asked softly.

"I died because you wanted to get the cure," Jeremy looked at Elena. "Turn it on."

"No, you're not r- real." 

"Turn it on!" Jeremy yelled and grabbed Elena by her arms. "Turn it on!"

Talia looked at Elena, who did not respond as she stared at Jeremy. "Elena?"

"Turn it on, damn it, Elena!" Jeremy shook Elena even harder.

"Jeremy, stop!" Talia shouted suddenly. When he looked at her, she exhaled. "Oh, so you can hear me? We need to get out. In case you haven't noticed, there's a fire."

"Oh my God." Elena murmured. "We need to get out of here!"

"Elena?" Talia asked. "You- your humanity, you've turned it on?"

"Move!" Elena grabbed both Jeremy and Talia by their hands, but flames began to spread rapidly.

"We're trapped!" Talia screamed. 

"Use your magic!" Jeremy began to cough as fire surrounded them.

"You can't," Elena's eyes teared up as she closed the double French doors to stop the fire from spreading to the dining area, where they were, "Katherine's witch did something to the house, it's magic proof-"