Chapter 41: Real Eyes Realise Real Lies.

Recap:

"The number you have dialled is not recognised, please try again."

"Argh." Talia threw her iPhone away from her. Sighing, she turned to her side as tears fell on her pillow. She began to think about Klaus. No, it's wrong.

Talia stood up and looked at the picture on her desk. Noticing something, she pulled her covers back and looked at it. Picking the photo frame, Talia looked at the picture of her as a baby with her Nanna and Pappi. More tears fell on the beautiful photo frame. Sighing, Talia wiped it away with the hem of her vest.

Talia frowned as she noticed that the brown paper on the back of the frame was slightly out of line. She carefully touched it before realising that it had been glued on. Sitting on her bed, she carefully peeled back the thin brown paper. A folded piece of paper fell out. Unfolding it, Talia's mouth dropped open as her deep brown eyes stared at the paper. "Oh, my God." 

Chapter 41:

*2 weeks later*

The Gilbert residence stood empty. Elena and Jeremy were at school with Alaric. The clock struck 10AM and the front door opened, with a frazzled looking Talia rushing in. "Shit," she rummaged through her coat pocket on the stand. After finding what she needed, she was out of the house again.

"Got what you needed?" Lexi asked as she started her car after Talia practically jumped in.

"Yup." Talia sat back in her seat. "I'm late for school. Hope Dad doesn't mind."

"He'll understand." Lexi smiled before she put on the radio. "At least you're going in. Yeah! I love this song!"

"Never had you down as a Taylor Swift fan. Hope so, especially with the big bomb I'm about to drop on him." 

"What bomb?" Lexi frowned as she slowed down slightly and turned the volume of the radio down. "Has something happened? Tal? You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"It's a long story." Talia frowned as Lexi stopped at a red light.

"Okay." Lexi smiled. Talia noticed that she looked upset about something.

"Everything okay, Lexi?"

"Nope." 

"Is it Lee? Weren't you gonna turn him?"

"Nah, I turned him and surprisingly, everything went well." Lexi smiled warmly before she frowned. "Nah, it's not him. It's... um...It's... Stefan. When I took Lee to show him how we feed." Talia looked slightly uncomfortable and Lexi laughed. "I normally take blood from the blood bank at local hospitals. They're... the freshest blood a vampire can get their hands on, aside from attacking someone and killing them. Anyway, I saw Stefan at a hospital in the next town from Mystic Falls. He was compelling patients and drinking their blood. Well, he couldn't stop. Lee and I actually saw him kill a couple. It put Lee off trying human blood. Maybe that's a good thing," Lexi added thoughtfully.

"What?" Talia was now completely horror-struck. "Are you being serious?! What?? He's killing innocent people just for blood?! Is he fucking crazy?"

"He's actually turned off his humanity, so he doesn't feel anything, he just feels hunger. And Nope, they're not innocent people. You see, the people he's killing are prisoners who are admitted into hospital when they're sick." Lexi spoke as she stopped at another red light. "That's a good thing I suppose. I bet those men have done truly terrible things to be in prison. They deserve everything bad coming to them."

"Yes, but that doesn't give Stefan the right to maim and kill people, no matter who they are." Talia sighed.

Lexi now drove in the car park of the high school. "Whatever. Anyway, I have time to listen to your long story." Lexi smiled as she squeezed Talia's hand.