• Loving You Is A Gift 🎄 •

Severus watched with amusement as his beautiful wife tried to set up the Christmas tree with ornaments. She had put the decorations on the empty places that she could reach, but the upper part of the tree seemed empty because she could not reach that high.

"Oh my god.."

You muttered under your breath, as you stood on tiptoes but still could not reach. Suddenly, you felt your husband's hands on your waist, lifting you up. You were shocked, but you gave him a smile and continued to decorate the tree.

"Thank you, darling!"

You chirped, as he put you down. You kissed his cheek and Severus smiled softly, thinking that you were so adorable.

"I think this tree could have fallen from the amount of decorations you put on it."

Severus commented, raising his eyebrows. You hit his arm playfully and laughed out loud, but actually agreeing with him as you eyed the tree that was heavy with ornaments.

"I think the tree will be just fine. Don't you think?"

Severus just shook his head, unable to hide his smile. He was not a person who cared so much about any celebration, but when you came, Severus thought that every single day that he had with you was worth celebrating.

"Now, we have to wrap the presents."

He announced, knowing that you hated that part of Holidays so much. You groaned and snaked your arms around his neck, giving him your best puppy eyes.

"Do we have to?"

"Yes, we do unless you want our friends to get their unwrapped presents."

"That doesn't sound too bad, Sev."

He chuckled under his breath and pecked your lips lovingly. As much as you loved him, you pouted when he dragged you to sit on the floor, starting to wrap the presents.

It was such a comfortable moment for both of you. He looked so cozy and happy, and you smiled at the thought that he was not stressing out. Your heart fluttered when you looked at your husband, and it could have been such a wonderful moment if you did not have to wrap the presents.

"Wrapping presents is impossible!"

You groaned, crossing your arms against your chest when you failed to wrap another present beautifully. Severus did not even have to look at you to know that you were pouting. You glanced at him and your eyes grew wide when you saw that he wrapped those presents beautifully in such a short amount of time.

"How are you able to do that?"

You asked, amazed that your husband managed to wrap those presents quickly.

"Did you use your magic?"

You asked again, cursing yourself for being a Muggle. Severus smiled and shook his head. He pulled you into his lap, kissing your forehead softly.

"Wrapping presents does not require magic, darling. It takes skills and clearly my lovely wife doesn't have the skills."

He said, a smirk was dancing on his lips. You rolled your eyes dramatically but failing to stop yourself from cracking a smile.

"Let's see who has the skills in baking cookies. Shall we?"

You challenged, smirking. Severus nodded, poking your nose playfully.

"I think we already know who is going to be better in kitchen."

He said, and you knew he was referring to that one time that you tried to cook for him but failed miserably. You had planned a nice dinner for him, thinking that you were able to cook but you were wrong. Luckily, Severus got there just in time before you could burn down the kitchen.

"That was different, love!"

You argued, and Severus just chuckled. He loved to tease you, adoring the way you pouted and how defensive you got. It was just too adorable and he could not help but joke around with you.

"Stop sabotaging me!"

You stopped Severus from pouring the whole bottle of vanilla extract in your mixture, glaring at him as he laughed.

You were angry, but as his laughs reached your ears, you could not help but smiled. Then you continued to do your work, as he continued to do his.

However, your peace did not last long as he nudged you with his elbow. You sighed, shaking your head but he continued nudging you playfully.

"Why are you like this, Professor Snape?"

You whined, when he started to poke your waist. Severus just smirked, clearly he was having fun with teasing you.

"I thought you are a disciplined person. Shame on you, Professor."

You added, but he was unperturbed by your words. You scrunched your nose, not knowing that Severus loved it when you do that. Oh my, his wife was so cute and he would do anything to protect you from the horror of the world.

When you were moulding the cookies dough, a smirk was cracked on your lips. Severus had stopped bothering you and he was so focused on moulding his dough.

You took that chance to smack his ass, taking him by surprise. You burst into laughter when Severus looked at you with wide eyes and his face was red, in disbelief that you just smacked his ass.

"I can't believe you just did that."

He muttered, and you stood on your tiptoes, kissing his lips softly.

"I can't help it. You have nice ass."

You said, laughing at your own words while Severus rolled his eyes. It was only fair you did that because he was keep bothering you.

Despite the playful banter that was happening, both of you managed to get the cookies into the oven and waited for them to be baked. A smile was on your face, content with how the day was going.

Severus handed you a mug of hot chocolate and you eyed him suspiciously. Who knew if he was still in his playful mood, and he put something inside your drink.

"I didn't put anything inside your drink, darling."

He assured you, smiling lovingly as he planted a kiss on your head. You nodded and took a sip of the hot chocolate, humming in delight.

"Just—"

He continued, smirking at you. Your eyes widen and you thought what possibly could he put in the hot chocolate.

"What did you put in it?"

You asked, frowning. Severus almost laughed at your reaction. He wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer.

"Just my affection and love."

He answered, making a steady blush ran across your cheeks. You hid your face in his chest and he chuckled.

"I love you, darling."

"I love you too, Sev. What would I do without you?"

You looked up at him with your luminous eyes, and his heart was hammering against his chest. Oh, the things that you did to him.

"Without me? Perhaps you would have problems to put on the ornaments, or unable to wrap those presents and obviously, you would have a burnt down kitchen."

He responded, making you laugh at his words. You nodded vigorously and gazed lovingly at your husband.

"I'm glad you're here with me."

"Good because I'm not planning to leave anytime soon, love."

-
Happy Christmas everyone!

I do not celebrate it, but I feel like I have to write this piece of fluff for the Holidays season. To those who celebrate Christmas, I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you for reading <3

25th December 2020