• Behind Closed Doors •

Your smile never left your face as you waited for Severus in the restaurant, thinking of how much you missed him since it had been weeks you had not seen each other. Your feet were bouncing under the table, excitement was bubbling in your chest as time was ticking, and you grew impatient, could not wait to see your boyfriend that night. 

Your voice was too cheery for the waiter, and he could tell that you were waiting for someone special which made your face flush as you agreed with his words. You did not mind about other people in the restaurant as you looked out of the restaurant, anticipating to see Severus.

But your excitement was slowly subsiding when you glanced at your watch and realised that it had been hours and Severus was late, too late that it was starting to make you feel sad if he had forgotten about your date night, which he planned by himself and not you.

Severus was a busy man, and you knew his job as a Hogwarts professor was not easy, but you just wished he could see that you needed his love and time too. It did not help when you had to keep your relationship as a secret from others, as Severus never wanted his students and colleagues to know about his private life. You did not like the idea of hiding your love, but you obliged because you loved him.

Sighing, you had to force a smile when the waiter came to tell you that they were closing, and you did not miss the pity in his eyes as he looked at you. With tears pooled in your eyes and a heavy heart, you went home, ended up crying yourself to sleep on your supposedly date night.

You knew you were not supposed to be there, in the Hogwarts ground, walking towards Severus' office but you could not help it. You missed him so much, and you just wanted to see him after he stood you up last night.

You should be angry at him, but you were not, you were just disappointed that he did not show up, and devastated that he could not even tell you first that he was not going to come. 

You sucked in a deep breath and knocked on his office door, a smile was painted on your face as you waited for him to open the door. You were expecting him to be surprise and kiss you, showing you of how much he missed you, but it did not happen as he opened the door, a frown was visible on his face as his eyes landed on you.

"Why are you here, Y/N?"

Your smile dropped, and you were starting to get mad at him for being so insensitive towards your feelings. You were going to say something when he pulled you inside, slamming the door behind you and you could see annoyance in his eyes.

"I'm here to see you, Severus."

You did want to start a fight with him, but you were enraged when he was annoyed with your presence, when you just wanted to see him.

"Somebody could've seen you here. You can't be here."

Worry was dripping from his voice, and sometimes you wondered why he cared so much about others' opinions on his private life until he has forgotten to care about your feelings. You shook your head, crossing your arms against your chest as you could feel a lump in your throat.

"We haven't seen each other for so long and the first thing you do is being angry at me."

You scoffed, masking your feelings behind your words, but it was clear that you were hurt and yet, your boyfriend seemed oblivious to it. Severus pinched the bridge of his nose and a sigh escaped his lips, shaking his head at you as if you were at fault.

"This isn't all about you, Y/N." 

His audacity to question your presence was bubbling rage in your chest, but it soon turned into a huge wave of devastation when his glared burned into you.