• If The World Was Ending •

i was listening to if the world was ending while writing this. perhaps you can listen to it to get the vibes!
-

Severus felt like it was hard to breath, and it was even harder when his blood was pouring out of his wound. He knew he was slipping away, and he wanted to fight and stay alive. But then he reminded himself that he got nothing to lose. If he died, there was no one that would mourn for him, or even miss him. His heartbeat almost surrender in defeat at the thought of he was going to die alone, just like how he was always afraid of.

His mind was suddenly filled with his memories with you. It was overwhelming, he wanted to see your face and hear your voice. Severus yearned to hold you in his arms for the last time before he bid farewell to his life. However, deep within his heart, he knew that it was not possible.

He had broken your heart, and made you leave him without turning back. There was no way of him seeing you again. He would never get a chance to tell you how much he loved you. He would regret it forever that he did not manage to show you how meaningful you were to him.

Severus shut his eyes tightly, letting the thoughts of you flooded into his mind. If he was going to die, he wanted to be taken away along with the memories of you. After all, being with you, was the happiest moment of his whole life.

"Severus!"

His eyes were peeled open when he heard that voice— Your angelic voice, which was calling out for him. He could not believe his eyes when he saw you were running towards him, with Harry, Ron and Hermione behind you. They must had saw him and brought you there. But he could not care less about them as his eyes landed on your concerned expression.

"Severus, stay with me. Alright?"

Your voice was trembling, as you were close to tears. You kneeled down to his level as his back was rested against the glass, and looked at him in the eyes to make sure that he was listening.

Severus shook his head when he thought he was only dreaming. There was no way you could be there with him. You left, and he had let you go. You would never come back to see him. It was all just a dream to him. It was too good to be true.

"You're not here.."

He whispered weakly, and your heart was shattered at his denial. You caressed his face softly with your hands, and your touch was shocking him. Severus let tears stream down his face when he felt your touch on his skin. You were really there. You were not a dream. You were there to see him, and he got a chance to see you.

"I'm here, love. Stay with me."

You could not hold back your tears any longer as you saw how much pain he was suffering. With a leap of faith, you took out the potion and looked at him with a comforting smile. You did not know if it would help saving him, but you really hoped it would.

"Drink this, love."

Severus did not question you as he drank the potion, his eyes never leaving you. He was so afraid if he looked away, you would vanish into the thin air and he was left alone once again. You were relieved when he drank the potion without asking anything. A part of you thought that he obliged because he was dying, but another part of you knew that Severus always listened to you. If there was one person that he would never have a doubt on, it would be you.

Sometimes you wondered where did it go wrong until your relationship with him was abandoned, leaving both of you heart broken and lost.

"Will he be fine?"

Harry asked, and you nodded, trying to assure yourself as well. You were glad that those children came to find you, knowing that Severus meant the world to you. They started to leave you and Severus, noticing that you were trying your hardest to make sure that the Potions Master was not dying.

"Please don't leave me, Severus."

You cried, when you were still unsure of his fate. Despite everything that you had went through with him, your heart would always belong to him. You never wanted to lose him.

"Will you stay with me?"

He asked, a small smile was cracked on his lips. You nodded vigorously, sobbing as you held his hands. He sighed when your warm hands touched his cold ones, and he felt alive. The potion was starting to affect him and you could see the colours returning on his face.

"I will stay with you forever."

You sobbed, wrapping your arms around him, but careful not to hurt his wound. Severus was crying, and he did not even mind if he looked so weak and defeated, because at that moment he was just overjoyed to be in your arms.

"After this war is over, we're going to have our dream future. I promise you."

You said, wiping your tears away as you realised that Severus was going to be alright. You came at the right time to rescue him from his awaiting death.

"You're not leaving, aren't you?"

He asked, still unsure if you wanted to stay with him after both of you decided a year ago, that you and Severus were not meant for each other. You shook your head, kissing him to show how serious you were. He melted into your kiss, allowing himself to believe in love, once again, with you.

"Our dream future.."

He mumbled, and you chuckled under your breath. You and him used to talk about your dream future, which would be after the war ended. He always wanted to leave Hogwarts and his past life behind, adoring the idea of starting a brand new life with you. You never objected his idea, loving it as much as he did.

"I just realise we never really talked about the exact place to start our dream future. Where will we be?"

You questioned, a smile was emblazoned on your face as your fingers traced his arm. Severus gazed at you with so much love and adoration that made you feel like crying. He was so in love with you and it showed.

"I'll go wherever you go."

He decided for both of you, a small smile was on his lips. You rested your forehead against his, sighing in content as you were sure that he was safe and sound in your arms. No matter how harsh life was to both of you, you realised that you always found a way back to each other, even if the world was ending.

-
I hope my book is a safe place for everyone.
I've seen so much hate going around in the fandom now :( Some people bash another group of people who is in love with a fictional character that they despise. I don't think that is necessary. My opinions is that if you hate that character, stop asking others to hate it too. All of us have different taste and opinions.

I don't really mind which characters my readers simp for tbh. I don't care if you simp for Lockhart (which I don't), or even when you're in love with Voldy lmao. Because when you're here, I know you're here for Snape and I believe Snape's simps are unproblematic. We care about each other. Thats my rant for today. Thank you!

8th January 2021