• Blood Traitor •

Your throat felt like it was burning, your voice was hoarse from screaming and crying you did when they mercilessly tortured you, again and again, like you were some toy for them to play with. You were strong, but one can only take so much and you could not stop your cry of pain when they decided to torment you, every spell was sent towards your way as if they were intended to see you suffer.

Your knees gave up and you fell on the cold hard floor of the basement, starting to lose hope of finding a way out of there. You pulled your knees against your chest and rested your back against the wall, losing count of the days since you were abducted and taken to the Malfoy Manor against your will.

There was a time when you would be in the manor willingly, meeting your friends and laughing instead of crying in fear. But now as you were locked in the basement, you realised things were no longer the same.

A blood traitor, the Death Eaters kept chanting those words into your ears every time they came, laughing and having fun to see you in pain. You used to fight them with your caustic words, exposing how much power you held within yourself, but slowly they managed to get under your skin, and you were giving up.

You could see Lucius and Narcissa avoided your eyes every time you were tortured, they winced slightly upon hearing your scream of agony, and as much as you wanted to be enraged at them for not helping you— You knew they had no choice but to watch it unfolded before their eyes.  

It felt like you have seen all the Death Eaters, as they took turns in watching you writhing in pain, sending cruel spell after spell. But you had never seen him. He was not there when you were taken, and he was never there when they ruthlessly tormented you. 

A part of you was wishing that perhaps he did not know about it, and he was trying so hard to find you. But another part of you was telling you that he knew, and he was letting you be on your own, protecting his reputation to the Dark Lord.

Fear wrapped around your heart when you heard rushed footsteps, thinking that it was another person who was sent to make your life a living hell. You bit the inside of your cheeks, embracing yourself for whatever that was going to come your way, and you were used to the feeling of fear and pain, without having a way out.

However, your fear slowly subsided once you realised it was Lucius. You knew it by now. It was either him or Narcissa, who would come down to the basement to check on you, bringing you food and healing you if your condition was the worst. You knew they were doing those things against the Dark Lord's wishes, as you knew he would love to see you starve to death, but your friends could never let you die in their home. 

"Y/N, he will be here today." 

Lucius started, his eyes were no longer filled with pride, those orbs were fulled of fear and you could recognise it as it was the same as your own fear. You let yourself to hope again, that perhaps this might be the time when you could escape this place.

"Severus?"

You asked, tears welled up in your eyes as you realised you had not seen Severus for so long, missing his arms around you, feeling so safe and protected by his side. Lucius nodded vigorously, wanting to get you out of there as he could no longer see his friend in pain.

"Yes, Severus will be here soon."    

A sob escaped your throat and you let a smile found its way on your face, tears streamed down upon your face freely as your heart felt like it was full again. The love of your life was coming, and you doubted that he would not help you. He loved you, and you knew he would do anything to save you. 

"Forgive us for not helping you, Y/N. We want to but we can't. I have a family to protect. If I do anything to let you go, the Dark Lord will—"

Lucius' words came to a halt, his mind was fogged with all the bad things that could happen to Narcissa and Draco, and his heart was crushed. You nodded weakly at him, understanding his action. He could never set you free, as it would mean a disaster for him and his family. 

"If there's someone who can set you free, it's Severus."

You nodded with a sad smile, agreeing with Lucius' words without knowing how wrecked Severus was to be there soon.

His heart was heavy, and suddenly all the memories he had with you was clouding his mind, reminding him of how important you were in his life. You dragged him out of his darkness, showing him the light of life, and he knew he could not lose you.

But as he got closer to the basement, he knew he had a reputation to uphold, and it was a risk to take you out of there if he wanted to remain as a trustworthy Death Eater in the Dark Lord's eyes. His heart was torn, and he knew it would kill him once he saw you.

His heart shattered as his eyes landed on your weakened figure, beaten up and bloodied, and he wanted nothing more but to gather you in his arms to keep you safe and sound. But he held back, clenching his jaw as he could feel tears pooled in his eyes.

"Y/N."

It felt so surreal to hear his voice, and once your eyes landed on him, you broke into tears. You did not care how awful you looked as you threw yourself into his arms, sobbing into his chest, finally you felt so protected in his presence. The pain was nothing compared to how happy you were to see him again.

Severus' heart broke upon hearing your gut-wrenching sobs, and he could only hugged you tighter, knowing that you needed his comfort. He needed to get you out of there, it was either for him to save you by himself, or he talks to them, manipulating them into believing his words. But he knew it would be hard.

"I love you."

You whispered, looking up at him and it tugged on his heartstrings to see how tormented you were, and your eyes were empty with feeling, but fulled with tears. Severus caressed your face softly as he kissed your forehead, lingering there for a moment as he knew he was about to lose you.

"I love you, Y/N."

He looked at you, remembering every single detail of your beautiful features to be etched in his mind, your memories would never leave him. He slowly unwrapped your arms from his torso, and you frowned at his doing.

"But I'm sorry."

He apologised, and there was a lump in your throat, realising he was doing something that was different than what Lucius has told you about. He was not here to save you, and you could see remorse in his eyes, but nevertheless, you were hurt and betrayed.  

"Severus?"

Footsteps were approaching both of you and you stared at Severus, heartsick, upon seeing his stone cold gaze on you. There was a plethora of feelings well hidden deep within his heart, and you knew him too well to see them all. 

"Don't let them take me."

You pleaded, reaching for his hand, but he pulled away from you. Severus stepped back from you, averted his eyes as he knew your heartbroken gaze would rip his heart out of his chest. He loved you, but his love was not strong enough for him to jeopardise his position in the Dark Lord's eyes, breaking your heart as you screamed when the Death Eaters grabbed you harshly.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

Those were the last words you heard from the man you loved, when you were suddenly dragged away from the basement, your eyes never left Severus as he stood and watched you, regretting his decision for bringing you into his life, but there was nothing else he could do as your bloodcurdling scream reached him, haunting him for the rest of his life.

-
1st March 2021