• His First Love •

young! severus snape x reader
-

Severus let out a sigh once the professor asked them to find a partner for Potions, knowing that he had no one to partner up with him. He stayed put in his seat, his eyes were on the interesting pages of his book, waiting for anybody who did not have a partner, who would sit next to him angrily, clearly forced to work with him.

But instead of facing a grumpy classmate who would act as if they hated him so much, he was surprised when you stood next to him, contemplating to sit or not as you noticed his eyes grew wide upon seeing you.

"May I sit here with you, Severus?"

You asked politely, smiling at him. The boy hesitantly nodded, and his heart almost burst out of his chest when he realised that you knew his name. You, Y/N L/N, said his name casually like it was meant to be, and he was determined to hear you say his name again every day.

"Of course."

He stammered slightly, and he glanced at you who were sitting next to him. He looked around and noticed that his classmates were still deciding on their partners, surely he was not your last choice. He dared to believe that he was the person who crossed your mind when you had to partner up with someone.

"You want to work with me?"

Severus questioned, arching his eyebrows as curiosity bubbled in his chest. It was something that was so sudden and yet so intriguing to have you sitting next to him. You chose him, instead of others, and Severus felt appreciated somehow.

"Yes, why else would I be sitting here with you?"

You chuckled, shaking your head at the boy who was staring at you in awe, not believing that you were there with him. He was pining over you for so long, thinking that you would not even spare him a second glance, but now you were smiling sweetly at him. It was surreal.

"I know I never talked to you before. Actually I was kind of worried that you wouldn't want to work with me because you're extremely brilliant in this class, but I guess I was wrong."

You explained, a little bit embarrassed to admit it, but you were glad that you were bold enough to work with him that day. Severus swallowed your words, and he could not believe his ears that you were worried if he might not want to work with you, while all he could ever think was to do work with you and only you.

"I hope we can be friends."

You looked at him with hopes shimmering in your eyes, a soft smile was painted on your beautiful face. Severus' heart skipped a beat as he looked you in the eyes, seeing how his whole world was reflected through your pair of alluring eyes.

"We're friends, Y/N."

Severus was much happier after that day, having a friend by his side, who he hoped could be more than a friend if he was brave enough to ask you to go on a date with him. He was still encouraging himself to do so before anyone else did, but he simply did not want to ruin what he had with you.

"Hi, Severus!"

Your angelic voice melted his heart every time he entered the class, and sat next to you, ignoring the envy glances which were thrown by his classmates. He knew they were sceptical about him, not liking the fact that you were friends with him, but he was glad to know that you were ignoring their whispers too. No matter what they said, you were still there by his side.

Severus was so close with you, and his days would be dull without you by his side. Sometimes he wondered how did he cope up with his life before you came, but then again, his life was much better with you in it, so he never wanted to think about the days when you were not there.

His heart fluttered when you looked at him from y/h table in the Great Hall, waving at him enthusiastically, and beamed at him as he would wave at you back. Then you would composed yourself and continued to eat or talk to your friends, looking so gorgeous and graceful in every single eye that looked at you, including Severus Snape.

"Are you in love, Severus?"

His Slytherin friends would tease him about it, noticing the way he looked at you in adoration, but he would shrug them off every single time, denying the fact that he was falling in love with you.

"We think you're in love."

They were spitting fact but Severus was too stubborn and he was quick to deny their words, not wanting to be teased around about you. Perhaps he really loved you, but he was not sure how to handle it. He had never been in love before.

"You have to act quick, Severus. Y/N is quite fond of Lupin, isn't she?"

One of them has told him, and Severus had to admit that they were right. Even before you talked to him and became friends with him, he noticed that you were always with Remus Lupin, studying together or even eat together in the Great Hall but this rarely happened. Sometimes he would see you walking to classes with Sirius Black, but he never cared much about it as you would always find him as soon as you arrived at your class. But he never saw you with James Potter, never with James.

Severus had never thought much about how close you were with Remus, but now Lupin seemed like the biggest threat of him having a chance to love you. He pondered about it for awhile, and he quickly stood up, decided to find you to tell you about his feelings before anyone else could sweep you off your feet.

His friends' words were haunting him as he found you walking with Lupin, laughing at something that he said, and something stirred inside of Severus. He never felt this way before, he was clearly jealous with Remus because he loved you.

Yes, he really loved you.

His jealousy was flushed away when your eyes met his, and your face lightened up, grinning at him before you excused yourself from Remus, walking over to Severus who was waiting for you like a fool in love he was.

"Severus, I haven't seen you all day. I've missed you!"

You exclaimed, standing on your tiptoes to plant a kiss on his cheek. Heat rose upon his cheeks and his eyes widen, and you chuckled at his adorable reaction. Severus was going to say something but his words caught up in his throat when you clasped your hand with his, walking together hand in hand.

Severus could still feel your sweet kiss lingered on his cheek, and his eyes landed you, who was holding his hand with the biggest smile plastered on your face. His heart thumped rapidly against his ribcage, and he knew it, he was in love with you. He was not in denial anymore, he was so in love with you that he would do anything to have you by his side.

Perhaps he did not know what love felt like, but now he did. It was so exciting, and thrilling as he could feel his mind flooded with your smiles and laughter and he never wanted his moment with you to end.

Severus knew that you were his first love, and he wished you would be his last because there was no one else he wanted to be in love with but you.

-
20th February 2021