• To Love Again •

Severus was watching you from across the table, wanting to see if anyone was making you uncomfortable. You never asked him to watch over you, but it had been something that he grew accustomed to that he wanted to look out for you, after knowing the caustic experience you had to face before.

He knew he should have sit next to you during the order meeting, he would feel more at ease if you were close by his side but now his eyes were fixed on you, and whenever you glanced at him, you sent him a smile, assuring him that you were alright, making him feel warm and fuzzy inside.

As soon as the meeting ended, Severus decided to leave, as he did not want to stay for dinner. But since he came with you, he wanted to know your opinion first, and he would stay if you wanted to. However, he knew you would want to leave when he noticed Sirius had his arm around your shoulder, and you gave him a look, pleading him silently to get Sirius away from you.

"Are you ready to leave, Y/N?"

He came, extending his hand for you to take while his eyes were on Sirius, making sure he did not do anything that could disturb you even more. You nodded vigorously, taking his hand willingly, and stood up from your chair, much to Black's dismay.

"Y/N, why aren't you staying for dinner?"

Sirius stood up, stopping you and Severus from leaving. The professor scowled at Sirius, he could sense that you were anxious with Black, avoiding his flirty remarks and his attempt to get close to you, and Severus just wanted to get you out of there as soon as possible. 

"I'm sorry, Sirius but I'm tired."

You reasoned, smiling politely at him. You thought he would let you leave after hearing your excuse, but he decided it was wise to grab your wrist, making your eyes widen and a wave of unwanted memories flashed before your eyes, and his next choice of words was only making it worse.

"I have a spare bedroom upstairs if you're tired."

Surely, Sirius meant no harm, but at the mention of bedroom and the way he grabbed your wrist forcefully, you felt your chest tighten and you squeezed Severus' hand, and he knew right away what was happening in your mind as he could see you froze, no words could be utter from your mouth.

"Come on, Y/N. We're leaving."

Severus looked you in the eyes, and you nodded weakly, letting Severus to lead you out. The Potions Master noticed the confusion in Sirius' eyes at the way you were behaving, but then again, you were not entitled to tell everyone about your traumatic experience, and Severus would do anything to protect you from facing the same experience ever again. 

Severus did not let go of your hand as he walked you down the hall, and he wanted to send you right on the doorstep of your room, ensuring your safety even when you assured him that the school ground was safe. He took a glance at you as he walked with you, noticing a myriad of things were clouding your mind, and he almost winced when he saw your worst memory that was starting to fog your head. Severus knew he had to get you out of your head, before you could think of it too much and destroy the progress you had made in believing him.

"Are you alright?"

He asked, upon arriving at your bedroom, a frown appeared on his face as he saw you stared at him. You blinked a few times and nodded, cracking a smile for him. A smile that pulled him closer towards you each day, a smile which sent a tingling feeling in his chest, and the same smile that spark his fire to wake up every day.

"Thank you for what you did tonight, Severus."

His heart fluttered when you sent him a smile, you truly looked so alluring in his eyes, and he wished you could see yourself from his point of view, as he thought you were the most beautiful woman that has ever walked on earth.

"Don't think about it too much, Y/N. You're safe now. No one can hurt you as long as I'm here." 

He said softly, in a way that he never talked to anyone else but you, as you were his angel and you were special in his heart. He took your hand and put it on his chest, and your smile widen when you could feel his steady heartbeat, feeling comforted and safe when he was always there with you.

You could feel your feelings bubbled in your chest, and you wanted to tell him, you really did but you could not. Your past taught you that love was cruel, and the man you loved used to hurt you so much that you were afraid. You were frightened if one day Severus would hurt you like he did, but deep within your heart, you knew Severus was different than him. 

He would never hurt your feelings, and he would never lay a hand on you. But you needed your time, and Severus listened to you, never once did he force you to accept him and learn to love again.

"I know I'm safe with you."

You whispered, smiling shyly at him as those words were meaning to tell him that you loved him, and you did not want to lose him. Severus' heart thud rapidly against his chest and he understood your words, swallowing the meaning behind them and a smile found its way on his face.

It was something new for you to say that you were safe with him, and perhaps to others your words meant nothing, but to him, it meant everything. It meant that you loved him, and you trusted him with all of your heart.  

"I love you. Goodnight, Y/N."

He planted a soft kiss on your forehead, and he smiled when you let out an almost inaudible delighted hum when his lips touched your skin. There used to be a time when he had to ask permission before kissing you or holding your hand, hence you would not be alarmed, but now Severus was grateful to know that you were comfortable with him, and you trusted him the most.

You looked up at him and he found it hard to look away from your gaze, as it was full of love that you could not express in words. That was enough for Severus, as your loving gaze was only for him, and he had never seen anyone looked at him like that, a look which held so much love and adoration.

"Goodnight, Severus."

You stood on your tiptoes, the hand on his chest curled in fist around his robes, pressing a loving kiss on his cheek before walking into your room. Severus watched as you shut the door, his smile never left his face as he started to walk back to his own room, with you in his mind and his heart.

Severus was patient when it came to you, as he was in love with you and he would do anything to make you happy. He never pushed you to do anything, letting your heart work at its own pace, and Severus wanted you to love him willingly, and he wanted you to feel the wonderful feeling of falling in love.

When you came, Severus almost gave up when people talked. Many people warned him that it was tough to get close with you, as you were scarred with your traumatic experience with your ex boyfriend, and Severus was livid every time he heard what your ex boyfriend did to you. But he did not listen to them, believing that he could love you if you let him, and he was ready to wait for you.

Sometimes he wondered, how could someone hurt you, when you were so pure and kind, and if he was allowed to, he would hex your ex boyfriend into oblivion, making sure he understand the consequences of hurting you.  

Severus was perseverance to pursue you, as his heart longed for you, and only you. It took him a lot of patience when you kept pushing him away, but still being sweet and polite towards him. But as time passed, you slowly let him made his way into your heart, and Severus was willing to wait for you, until you were completely ready to love again. 

He did not mind if it would take a thousand years more for you to love him, he would wait for the day to come that you could love him, leaving your past behind and ready to move forward in life with Severus.

One day, when you were truly ready, Severus would get to hear those heartwarming words from you, that you loved him.

-
A wholesome imagine to make up for the confusion I caused from writing Blood Traitor.

3rd March 2021