• Lost and Found •

Severus was planning to stay at home that day, he wanted to curl up in bed, holding you tight against his chest and not going out anywhere. The idea of being home with you was the only thing he needed after a hectic week, but you got another plan for him, and as usual, Severus could never say no to his wife.

You walked hand in hand with Severus in the Diagon Alley, a big smile was painted on your face. Severus wanted to pretend as if he was annoyed to be out there, but he knew that was not true when he saw your enchanting smile, warming up his heart and he immediately pulled you closer to his side, afraid if you might get separated from him in the big crowd.

"Are you happy, Severus?"

You asked, flashing a smile at your husband. He gave you a nod and placed a kiss upon your head, something that he did in public which you really adored.

"I'm always happy with you."

He mumbled, smirking as heat rose upon your cheeks, and your face flushed red at his sweet words. His smirk dropped when he saw some men gandered at you, and it made his blood boiled, and his jealousy crawled over his chest. You knew what he was feeling so you kissed his cheek, calming him down as he smiled at you.

"I love you."

You whispered, and his heart bloomed, chasing away his jealousy in a second, realising that it was irrelevant for him to be jealous when your heart was bounded to his. He let go of your hand to wrap his arm around your waist, and you grinned at his gesture.

"I love you too, darling."

It was so unusual for him to call you with lovely nicknames when you both were out in public, but you were glad that he did because it send butterflies fluttering in your stomach, and your heart skipped a beat as you looked at your husband.

Severus sighed, he hated the big crowd in Diagon Alley, that seemed to be growing as he tried to make sure you were always by his side, not letting his arm go from your waist. Someone bumped into him, and he accidentally let his arm go from you, and he scowled at the person before he realised that you were nowhere to be seen. His heart dropped when he noticed you were gone from his side.

"Y/N?"

He called out, craning his neck to look around for you in the huge crowd but his eyes could not see you anywhere. Worry wrapped around his heart and he started to find you, wanting to pull you into his arms as soon as possible, making sure that you were safe and sound.

Meanwhile, you noticed a boy who seemed like he was lost, hence you decided to go to him, thinking that Severus noticed when you walked over towards the boy but apparently he did not when you realised he was not there with you. Ignoring the fear that started to resurface in your mind, you gave a smile to the boy.

"Are you lost?"

He nodded weakly, tears in his eyes broke your heart. You immediately helped him to find his parents, forgetting for awhile that you were lost too. It did not take you long to reunite him with his parents, and they thanked you profusely, happy to know that you were kind enough to help their son.

You knew your husband must be worried sick about you, and you felt guilty for making him worried. He tend to worry a lot when it came to you, and you did not blame him, he told you so many times that he loved you so much and he would do anything— everything in his power to make sure you were safe and happy.

You stayed at the side of the road, squinting your eyes slightly to see your favourite person in the whole world walking towards you, his eyes were swimming with concern. You beamed at him, waving happily as he finally found you.

"Severus!"

You squealed, and before you could apologise for leaving his side, Severus pulled you into his arms protectively, inhaling your scent to comfort his heart. You buried your face into his chest, smiling when you knew he just needed to ensure himself that you were there, and you were safe.

"I was so worried, love."

He muttered, kissing your forehead softly. He did not care if he was in public or anything, he wanted to show you affection after having fear of losing you just a few minutes ago. He never knew it would scared him that much to lose you in the crowd, but it truly frightened him, afraid if you were leaving him for real.

"I'm so sorry for worrying you. Let's go home."

You caressed his face gently and he leaned into your loving touch, nodding at your words before both of you apparated home. Severus never let go of your hand, as the fear and worry were still fogging his mind, and it crushed your heart to see how worried he was.

"Love, I'm here now. I'm fine."

You consoled him, sitting in the bed beside him. He gazed at you lovingly and cracked a small smile, pulling you into his lap as you nuzzled your face into his neck.

"I'm here with you, Severus."

He let out a breath of relief, as you ran your fingers through his hair, assuring him that you were there, in his arms. You managed to make him lie down in bed, whilst he was still holding you, not wanting to let you go, and it brought a smile upon your face.

Severus wrapped his arms around you almost immediately, loving to feel you against him as he buried his face in your hair. It was just a small matter, but to him, losing you in the crowd was not fun at all. It sent shivers down his spine to even think about it, as losing you was one of his biggest fears. He was so afraid if you might walk away from him forever.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too."

His day turned out to be a little bit messy since he lost you for awhile, but then he got to be with you in bed, cozy and loved, and that was all he needed.

-
so who is here after petals? :)

19th February 2021