• Hogsmeade for Two •

You wrapped your arms around yourself, your scarf around your neck and chest was not enough to shield you from the cold. You tapped your feet, waiting for Severus to arrive. He promised you that he would come, but did he change his mind now?

A smile was cracked on your lips when you saw Fred and George who was approaching you, familiar mischievous grins were plastered on their faces.

"Professor L/N, are you waiting for someone?"

George asked, and you nodded. The Weasley twins always adored you and they were bold to say to other students that they were your favourite students in Hogwarts. You never said anything to correct their statement, considering that it was true. Even if they did not come from your house, you always enjoyed their company.

"I guess you're going to Hogsmeade with Professor Snape."

Fred guessed, a smirk was dancing on his lips. You had to stifle a laugh when he guessed it right.

"How did you know?"

The twins did not even get to answer when you saw a glimpse of your colleague who was approaching you, his usual stern look was on his face. The twins started to leave, knowing that their presence  was not needed now that your companion has arrived.

"Have fun, professors!"

Fred winked, and you rolled your eyes at his words, waving at them as they left. Severus sighed, already missing the comfort of his office as soon as he stepped out of the building. However, his heart was warmed at the sight of you, who was grinning at him with excitement sparkling in your eyes.

"Severus, you're here!"

You ran towards him, throwing yourself in his arms, taking him by surprise with how affectionate you were being with him. He stiffened a bit, but it would be a lie if he say that he did not love being in your embrace. Just as he was about to enjoy being so close to you, you pulled away from him, much to his dismay but he did not let it show on his face.

"Of course, I'm here. I promised you, didn't I?"

He cocked his eyebrow, and you just smiled at him, nodding vigorously.

"I thought you changed your mind."

You said, making him realise that he was late. You were waiting for him in the snow, and you thought that he was changing his mind. Severus could not deny your words because a few moments ago, he was contemplating whether he should go or not. And now he felt bad because you waited for him, with the thoughts of he might not come to see you.

"Let's go, Severus!"

As the guilt was starting to wrap around his heart, it all melted into a puddle of joy when your giddiness to spend your day with him resurfaced. You started to walk with him, and his breath hitched when you took his hand, smiling at how small your hand was compared to his.

"Are you alright?"

You looked up at him, realising that he was staring at you and your intertwined hands. You were expecting him to pull his hand away from yours, and scoff at you but he did not do any of that. He just nodded, without giving you a snarky remark or a dry joke like usual. You shrugged it off, and continued to walk side by side with him, happy that you were holding his hand.

Severus was hoping that you were oblivious to the slight blush on his face, and he was grateful that you did not mention it. A kaleidoscope of feelings was battling in his mind, as he noticed that you were holding hands with him. It made him feel like a lovesick teenager, and he hated it. Well, he wanted to hate it but now he could not. He never wanted to let go of your hand, loving how it fit perfectly in his bigger one.