• Betrayal •

You shuddered under his intense gaze. You did not dare to look up at Severus, afraid to see the rage in his eyes. You knew you were wrong, and there was nothing you could do to undo your mistake, and now you were afraid of what he might say or do to you.

"How could you do this to me?"

His voice broke, making you looked up at him. There was a pang of guilt in your chest when you did not find rage in his eyes, but you saw disappointment and agony instead. Your breath hitched when you realised that he was close to tears. Severus never cried in front of you before but you did to this to him. You were the one who hurt him.

"Severus, I'm so sorry."

You apologised, your own tears pooled in the corner of your eyes when you realised what you had done to the man. He tried to mask his pain with his stone cold glare, but you could hear the breaking of his heart because you were the cause of it.

"If I wasn't enough for you, you should've said it."

He spat, curling his hands in fists, trying to contain his anger. For so long, he had built his walls so high that no one could ever reach for him. However, he opened his heart for you, only ended up getting hurt again. He trusted you with all of his heart and yet, you chose to betray him.

"No, it's not you. I swear you're more than enough for me!"

You were crying, unable to hide your guilt and remorse any longer. You hated yourself for making the love of your life thought that he was not enough for you. He was everything, but you were a fool to take him for granted.

"You cheated on me, Y/N..."

He pointed out, clenching his jaw as the realisation hit him hard. It was as if his heart was ripped out of his chest with your bare hands. Did you ever love him?

"I should've known that I do not deserve you."

He muttered, feeling like a fool for believing that perhaps you were the one for him. It was imprudent of him to think that a man like him would have a chance with such a perfect woman like you. He kept telling himself that there would many men who would chase after you, but he was lucky enough because you loved him. Apparently he was very wrong.

"No, Sev... I don't deserve you. I made a mistake."

You fell on your knees, and grabbed his dark robes but Severus did not even look at you. It broke him to see you on the floor, begging for his forgiveness as he would never let such an angel like you to do that, but at the moment he just had to let it be. You broke him first with no mercy, and there was no use for your apologies.

"I loved you, Y/N. I still love you even after what you did to betray my trust and ruin my love."

His words shattered your heart, cursing yourself for being so stupid. You would never forgive yourself for cheating on him. He did not deserve that in his life. He was always a sweetheart to you, treating you like a princess and he made you feel like an angel. But you— You had his heart in your hands and decided to crush it without any care in the world. How imprudent you were.

"I love you, Severus. I'll always love you. I swear he didn't mean anything to me. It's you that I love."

Your body was trembling and your heart-wrenching sobs wrecked through your chest. Severus was dejected to hear the sound of your sobs. A part of him wanted to forgive you and pull you into his arms, comforting you like he always did. But another part of him knew he should not. He should let you go, and perhaps you would find your own happiness with that man and not him.

"If you love me, you won't betray me."

His voice was weak and defeated, and it was so unlike him that it destroyed your heart and soul to hear him. You had changed him. You had broken the man that you loved. You never heard him so lost and defeated, hence you blamed yourself for causing his never ending agony. No one should take the blame but you, the one who cheated on the man who loved you with all of his heart.

"You betrayed my trust and you thought it was better to lie to me."

He said, shaking his head weakly as he was reminded of how you avoided to look him in the eyes. It would forever be stuck in his mind that you lied to him, and instead of telling him the truth, you wanted to live in your lies. If he did not notice your odd and sad demeanours and used his Legilimency to read your thoughts, he would never know that you cheated on him.

Not only you chose to cheat on him, but you also chose to lie to him.

The guilt was too heavy for your heart to carry. You knew he would never forgive you, and he would never see you the same. You were not the same person that he fell in love with. You were no longer the person who brought light upon his life, but you had changed to light his life on fire. You ruined him.

"I know you never want to see me again. But I beg your forgiveness. Please forgive me or I won't be able to live knowing that you are angry at me."

Severus wanted to yell at you, or push you away but he loved you way too much to do any of those things. You had a special place in his heart, a permanent space that he made just for you, hence he could never even think to hurt you.

"Get up."

He whispered, grabbing your arms to help you stand properly. It felt as if his touch burned your skin. It was not because of him, but it was because you felt so unworthy to be touched by him. And yet, when you looked him in the eyes, you never saw hatred in them. Severus would never have heart to hate you, no matter how wounded you leave him.

"I forgive you but I don't want to see you ever again."

He stated sternly, holding back his tears. You nodded at his words, knowing that you did not deserve to be there with him. You were disgusted by yourself, and you knew Severus deserved better than a cheating lover who lived in sweet denials.

"I love you."

You said, pressing a kiss on his cheek. A tear escaped his eye but you had turned around before you could see him crying. You left with a heavy heart, and Severus was left with a broken heart and an empty soul. He let you go, but he never knew, he was letting a part of himself to go along with you. Because no matter how hard he tried to despise you, a part of him would always love you. Until the end of the time.

-

Oh shit you just broke our Severus :(

I have a feeling you are gonna hate me for writing this but I was stressed out with college so I wanted to write some angst lmao

6th January 2020