• Best Friends •

young! severus snape x reader
-

"Severus, how are you feeling today?"

You asked, plopping down on the couch beside him. It was late so the common room was almost empty, leaving both of you and some other students who were talking among them. Severus sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Are you still thinking about Lily?"

You cocked your eyebrow, tempted to lecture him about moving on from somebody who did not love him back. However, you knew that your endeavour to knock some sense into him would only be a backlash against you, who was stuck with the memories of your ex boyfriend.

"I don't want to think about her, Y/N. But I saw her almost every day. It hurts."

He mumbled, frowning slightly. You let out a sigh, dropping your head on his shoulder. Severus rested his head on top of yours, shutting his eyes as you brought comfort to him.

"I completely understand how you feel."

You mumbled under your breath, almost inaudible to his ears if you were not sitting so close to him. Severus' eyes fluttered open, looking at you in disbelief.

"Please don't tell me this is about him."

He began, referring to your ex boyfriend that he hated so much until he did not want to say his name. He said he was disgusted, and he never wanted to get the name out of his mouth. You always laughed when he insulted your ex boyfriend, making you feel better about yourself. 

"No, this isn't about him. I'm totally fine."

You beamed at him, but Severus did not fully trust you. Behind the gleam in your eyes, there was unspeakable sorrow that only Severus could tell from the way your beautiful orbs did not sparkle like they used to.

"You're a horrible liar. I've known you far too long to be able to tell, Y/N."

He smirked, proud that he could read you like a book. You rolled your eyes dramatically, crossing your arms against your chest.

"I was asking about you, Sev. Not about me."

"Well, now I'm asking about you."

He retorted, and you wanted to wipe the smirk off his face so bad. You groaned in annoyance, realising that you had to tell him the truth.

"You don't have to deal with your problems alone, Y/N. I'm here for you."

"You're very sweet."

You chirped, hoping that your compliment would make him forget about the whole thing. However, he shook his head and waited for you to talk. You sighed in defeat, nodded weakly at him.

"I miss him. I know I shouldn't, but I do."

Your heart was aching, and it pulled on his heart strings to know that his best friend was sad.

Severus could still remember the day when you came to him crying, because your ex boyfriend broke up with you. His imprudent excuse was because you were away most of the time for school, and him being a muggle, he would not understand anything. Your heart-wrenching sobs would forever be engraved in Severus' mind, and he never wanted you to face that kind of pain anymore.

"You deserve someone better, Y/N. He's just a stupid muggle who doesn't know how to appreciate you."

Severus said, knowing that he had nothing good to say about your ex boyfriend. If he ever met that boy, he was going to strangle him to death for breaking your heart.