• Teacher's Pet •

No, this isn't based on Melanie Martinez's song (I have to let you know lmao)
-

Severus walked around the class to see his students' progress in making potion that day. He just grumbled in disappointment when he saw they were struggling, and he had to correct them before they could blow up the whole class.

His eyes landed on you who was brewing your potion quietly, not unperturbed by the crescendo that your classmates were creating. He observed your potion and a small smile was painted on his face.

"Good job, Miss L/N."

He said, giving you a nod before walking away from you to scold another student who was making imprudent mistakes. You smiled proudly when you managed to brew the potion perfectly.

You eyed Professor Snape who was scowling at one of your classmates. When he notice your gaze on him, he just shook his head and you knew he was trying to tell you that he was getting tired of your classmate's mistake.

"Will you lend your friend a hand, Miss L/N?"

"Of course."

You nodded and went to help your classmate, smiling softly at your professor. Severus sighed in relief and was happy that he had a student like you in his class. You did not talk much. You were not exactly shy, but you were just quiet. You never boasted yourself and never tried to outsmart your teachers.

Whenever Professor Snape asked questions in his class, he would look at you to see if you wanted to answer his question. He would not care that Hermione Granger was holding her hand up, willingly to answer. He could read your mind and realised that you wanted to answer him but you did not want the attention on you.

"Yes, Miss L/N. Can you answer my question?"

As soon as you heard his words, a bright smile was plastered on your face and you nodded vigorously. You knew the answer, but you never wanted your classmates to think that you were boasting yourself. But whenever your professor called out your name, you were not embarrassed to talk in the class.

Severus knew well about your demeanours now. He made sure you were not uncomfortable in class and he also watched over you in the Great Hall. His eyes would find your figure to make sure that no one was disturbing you, as he once noticed there were some students who made fun of you before. Those students had never dared to even look at you now after Severus encountered them.

The Potions Master hated it when students came to find him after his office hours. However, when heard soft knocks on his door, waiting patiently for him to open the door— He knew it was you.

"What can I help you with, Y/N?"

You smiled when he called you by your first name, noticing that he would only do that whenever you were alone with him.

"I'm sorry, Professor. I need help with this topic. I hope I'm not disturbing you."

You came in with your book, guilt was in your eyes as you were afraid that your teacher did not like your presence at this hour. You let out a breath of relief when he shook his head.

"It's alright. Let me help you."

You were an excellent student, thus it would be vital for him to make sure that you understood everything he taught in class. He could see that you worked hard to maintain your brilliant grades, and he also knew that you were scared of disappointing him.

He would never say it, but you would never disappoint him. He believed in you and he needed you to believe in yourself too.

On the other hand, you believed him. If there was a person in Hogwarts that you trusted to tell your problems, it would be Severus Snape. So you found yourself waiting in the class as your classmates walked out, leaving you with him.