• Afterglow •

Inspired by Ed Sheeran's song: Afterglow
-

You walked out of your class, your eyes quickly scanned the crowd to find a certain boy who was waiting for you patiently. You finally saw him, a smile was on your face and you waved at him happily. His face lightened up when you walked towards him, practically bouncing on your feet as you were overjoyed to see him.

"Hi, Severus! I'm sorry I make you wait. The professor was supposed to dismiss us ten minutes ago."

You apologised, walking together with him to the Great Hall. He shook his head, a small smile was plastered on his face.

"It's alright, Y/N. How was your day?"

You and him were getting close since a few months ago, and when it was hard for you to be his friend, you never gave up. Severus slowly opened up to you, and he was getting used to having you by his side that he was not sure how to cope with his days without you now.

You sat next to him in the Great Hall, enjoying his company without noticing a pair of eyes that was staring at you. Severus made a sarcastic remark about his day, and you laughed, leaning against his arm for support. You did not notice that a certain Gryffindor was walking towards you and Severus, pure rage and jealousy were burning in his chest.

"Y/N, I need to talk to you."

You rolled your eyes dramatically, recognising the voice without having to look up at him. Severus grown tense next to you, and you had to put your hand on his arm to stop him from starting a fight with Sirius.

"I don't want to talk to you, Sirius."

You said softly, did not want to bring a crescendo into the Great Hall just because of him. Sirius crossed his arms against his chest and you could tell that he was annoyed with your response.

"I don't like you hanging out with Snivellus."

Severus curled his hands in fists, and you noticed it. You stood up, glaring daggers at the boy who was supposed to be engaged with you since you were just a little girl.

"His name is Severus, and you have no right to tell me what to do."

"You're my betrothed, Y/N."

You gritted your teeth at his words, cursing the stupid pureblood tradition that bounded you with Sirius Black. But then a smirk found its way on your face, realising that you were no longer engaged to him since the day he decided to run away from his family.

"I was your betrothed. Now, can you please leave us alone?"

Sirius groaned when he realised that you were spitting facts, walking angrily back to his group of friends. You sighed and sat down, feeling a hand on your shoulder. You looked at Severus who was giving you a comforting smile.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm just glad I don't have to marry him. It's really stupid, they basically forced me into an engagement when I was just a child."

You complained, but a part of you was happy to know that you had your choices now. You could convince your parents to choose your own suitor, realising that your heart was stolen by your friend who was clueless with your feelings for him. Severus chuckled under his breath, patting your back softly as both of you resumed your conversation.

-
Stop the clocks, it's amazing
You should see the way the light dances off your head
A million colours of hazel, golden and red
Saturday morning is fading
The sun's reflected by the coffee in your hand
My eyes are caught in your gaze all over again
-