• His Burden To Carry •

"I've told you she wasn't ready."

Severus' voice was cold, and you could hear his rage dripping from his voice. The order was silent, for the first time, they did not even bother to argue with him. Perhaps because he was talking about you, and they knew how much he cared for you.

You went on your first mission with the order that night, and it almost failed because of you. But you did not follow the plan because you were trying to help Arthur. If you did not come to help him, he would be dead. Not that it mattered because in their eyes, or in Severus' eyes, you made a mistake. He could not tolerate a mistake during missions, not even when you were the one who did it.

"I'm sorry, Sev. I promise I didn't mean—"

"Are you sure you didn't mean to ignore my orders and put everyone's life in danger?"

He spat, glaring at you. You felt a lump in your throat when you realised he was really angry at you. You could not form any word to fight him. You wanted to defend yourself, but you knew he was right. You were putting everyone's life on the line with the mistake you made. You were ashamed of yourself now, feeling all eyes in the room was on you. He was right, you should take the blame.

"Severus, that's enough. Y/N saved my life."

Arthur intervened, trying to stop Severus from saying things that he might regret later. But Severus just shook his head, and he would never stopped until his point was proven.

"That doesn't help the fact that we almost failed because of her."

His words stung, and you felt tears welled in your eyes. You never thought that he would say that to you. Of course, you never expected a special treatment from him just because both of you were together. You understood if he was angry with you. But upon hearing his caustic words, you were disappointed. You were disappointed with yourself, for being so weak while he was nothing near that.

"We almost failed but we didn't. Get it in your head and stop rebuking her."

Sirius interrupted, unable to just sit and listen anymore. Remus put a hand on his shoulder, trying to stop him but he did not listen to his friend. He was your friend, and he knew how much those harsh words were affecting your mind and he expected better from Severus.

Severus groaned, not liking the fact that Sirius was disagreeing with him. His mind was clouded with anger, mostly because you were putting yourself in such a dangerous situation, but he just had the wrong way of showing it to you.

"I'm sorry. I will follow your orders on our next mission. You should trust me."

You managed to get the words out, thinking that he had calmed down. But you were flabbergasted when he shook his head.

"There is no next mission for you."

"You cannot do that to me, Severus!"

You retorted, your disappointment turned into anger then vanished into sadness as you realised he was not giving you any mission in the future. The others were shocked as well when they heard his words.

"Believe me, I can do that to you after what you did today."

He scoffed, and you were going to argue with him but you stopped when Sirius chuckled bitterly.

"You have no right to stop her."

You knew Severus hated it when Sirius started to interfere, but even you agreed with Sirius at the moment. You never wanted anyone to fight because of you, but that night, it happened.

Everyone was trying to knock some sense into his head. Thus, you bit your tongue and stayed silent, knowing you were the reason of the fight. You could hear Severus' voice that was not matching Sirius' yell, but it held the same anger. You also listened to Molly who was trying to defend you, and Arthur, also Remus who tried to stop the argument.