• Cookies and Tea •

severus snape x student! reader
-

"You're on time today, Miss L/N. That's odd."

The Potions Master pointed out as soon as you stepped into his office. You rolled your eyes, ignoring his words as you took a seat across him, who was busy grading papers.

"I wasn't always late to see you."

You argued, squinting your eyes at your professor who had his usual stoic look on his face. You had been taking extra lessons with him, considering that you had potential to strive in Potions compared to your friends, and Severus was not going to waste your potential and hard work. It would not hurt to say that you and him had form a friendship now.

"Are those the 1st year students' essays?"

You guessed, seeing the frown on his face. He dropped his quill and leaned back against his chair, an exasperated sigh escaped his lips.

"Yes."

He responded, scowling at those papers as if they could understand his annoyance. You had to stifle your laughs when you looked at your professor who was irritated by the mistakes that those students made.

"Do you need any help, Professor?"

You asked upon seeing how many work he had to do and there was no way he would have time to tutor you that evening. Severus eyed you suspiciously, and you knew so well that he was breaking your mental walls, seeing what you were thinking.

"What do you want from me, Y/N?"

"I don't want anything. I just want to help."

You chuckled under your breath, his doubts were disappearing from his eyes as he handed you some papers to grade. You were in your final year, it would take a few months then you were free to leave Hogwarts. He trusted you to grade those papers, and you were glad that he did.

After a few moments, you grunted, putting the papers aside and moving to another. Severus watched you with interest, amused that you were trying so hard to keep up with the students' imprudent mistakes. It humoured him a little bit when he realised you were losing your patience, gritting your teeth and clenching your jaw like you could explode from anger anytime soon.

"You're not very patient, aren't you, Miss L/N?"

He said, cocking his eyebrow, a faint smile appeared on his face when he saw how frustrated you were.

"You know me better than anyone else, Professor."

You mumbled, continue to grade the papers with enthusiasm, not wanting to give up easily. Severus nodded, understanding your antics since he gave you extra lessons. Your patience was thin, but surprisingly, you rarely got angry. You managed to keep your rage away, even when you were losing your patience.

That was something that he adored about you. Whenever the students were fighting or screaming with each other, you would leave the scene immediately, not patient enough to deal with their foolishness but at the same time you were not enraged to pick a side in the fight.

Severus had notice those little things about you and he thought you were smart, not just in classes but in your decisions as well. He surely made the right choice to tutor you, knowing that you would have a bright future waiting for you.

"I'm sorry to say but this one is awful."

You commented an essay, and Severus glanced at the student's name, sighing as he agreed with you.

"Was I this bad too when I was in 1st year, Professor?"

You asked, frowning, when you realised that he might not notice you when you were a first year student. You were quiet, you only talked to your friends from your house, and you never put up your hand to answer the teachers' questions. You only found yourself, stepping out of your shell when you got into your 4th year.