• Gone But Not Forgotten •

"Good night, Professor Snape."

Some students said to you as you were walking to your room, whilst they retreated to their dormitories. They would never know how heavy your heart was every time people called you with that name, the memories unfolded before your eyes, torturing your soul with how lonely you were without him.

It was not like you despise it, no, you loved that name. It reminded you of your husband, the only person who owned your heart and you had never been in love with any other man but him. No matter how you tried to open your heart for another, you could not. When he left, he brought your heart along with him.

You slammed the door shut, sighing, as you looked around your room. It was your shared room with Severus, but now when you lived alone, it felt so spacious and lonely. You went to sit on the couch, your eyes watered at the sight of the empty space next to you. When he was here with you, he would never let you sit alone, he would put his arms around you and pull you closer into his chest, showing you how much he cared for you.

"Bad day?"

He asked, as he rubbed your back comfortingly. You nodded, burying your face into his chest, inhaling his scent which sent a warm feeling wrapped around your heart.

"Apparently I'm not as good as you in teaching."

You mumbled, and Severus frowned at your words. He put his finger under your chin, forcing you to look him in the eyes. His heart was wretched when he saw tears in the corner of your eyes.

"Who said that to you?"

"The 6th year students in my class did. I know I shouldn't have used your last name. I would only taint it with my foolishness as a teacher."

Your words pulled on his heartstrings, as he realised you were talking so lowly of yourself while he thought the world of you.

"Don't say that. You're a great teacher, Y/N. Everybody was talking about Professor Snape being their favourite teacher, and I'm sure, they weren't talking about me."

He said, pecking your lips softly. You chuckled under your breath, showering his face with your kisses. You squealed when he suddenly carried you in his arms, making a smile grow on his face.

It broke your heart to look around the room and you could see your memories with him, engulfing you with so much happiness but at the same they were taunting you with the fact that your husband was gone. You were just left with his memories, the one that kept you going each day with the strengths that he left with you.

"Professor Snape... How I love that name."

You smiled sadly, your eyes landed on your wedding ring which you never took off even after years of his death. It resembled how strong your love for him, and you would never forget how happy you were to call yourself as his beloved wife.

"Stop staring at the ring, darling."

Severus chuckled when he saw you staring at the wedding ring on your finger, a broad smile was emblazoned on your face. You placed a kiss upon the ring, and your husband could not help but grinned as he saw how excited you were.

"I can't believe we're married!"

You squealed, sitting in his lap, and he instinctively wrapped his arms around your waist. You grabbed his hand and placed a kiss on his wedding ring, making a chuckle erupted in his chest as he watched what you were doing.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too."

You brushed your lips with his, before he pulled you in for a kiss, sending butterflies fluttering in your stomach. Your heart thud rapidly against your ribcage, and you giggled as peppered your face with kisses. No words could explain how happy you were, and you wished you could stay in the moment forever.