• Reckless •

Severus was in love with you.

That was what everyone thought about you and him when they saw you walked side by side in the hallways, smiles and laughter were evident as Severus had never been as comfortable with anyone else as he was with you. In his friends' eyes, Severus was smitten with you since the day you introduced yourself to him, and to their surprise, he never denied it.

You were a year younger than him, but it did not stop you from approaching him in the Great Hall. Severus was hesitant at first, thinking that you were another person who was sent to make fun of him but when you were determined to be his friend, everything was changed. His life changed in a better way since you came.

He would wait outside of your class patiently every day, not wanting to miss the chance to walk by your side to the hall. Sometimes he wondered how did he never get annoyed waiting for you when he could be using his precious time for many other things. But then he realised, he would never get tired of you, no matter how long he had to wait for you.

Severus would remember the way his heart fluttered as he saw you walked out of your classroom, a smile was painted on your face. It was such an amazing feeling that only you could get him to experience it, and he did not want to have it with anyone else but you.

"I'm sorry for being late, Sevy."

You would apologise every time your teacher dismissed you later than they were supposed to, and Severus would only nod and give you a smile. He did not mind the aching of his feet for standing too long or the exhaustion from studying all day when he could only focus on your angelic voice, saying his name in such an adorable way which he had grown accustomed to.

"It's alright, Y/N."

Severus would take your stuff in his hands, offering to help you no matter how many times did you tell him that you could carry your stuff by yourself. His action always brought a huge smile on your face, and by heavens, he would do anything just to see you smile.

"You lovebirds, when are you going to kiss?"

It was always the same person, your best friend, who would walk out of the classroom only to find you and Severus with a smirk on her face. Her teasing was normal now that it did not perturb you anymore but it was a different case for Severus, as it never stopped blood from rushing to his face at the idea of being your lover.

"Shut up."

But he would silent your friend every single time, receiving a laughter from you. Severus did not want his feelings to get in the way of his friendship with you, but his heart was getting tired of hiding them, and he wished he would have enough courage to tell you.

He did not mind the differences he had with you. He loved it when you preferred to watch the quidditch, cheering for your house when he would rather be in the library during the game. He adored it when you hated Potions while he poured his heart and soul into the subject. In fact, he also hated your favourite subject. It gave you and him a chance to help each other studying instead of competing.

"I think I would ace my test."

You would say smugly, and Severus would only smile at you.

"Do you think so?"

"I know so, Sevy. What marks did you get last year? I'm sure I'm going to get the same, if not higher."

Severus would walk you back to your common room every day, as it had become a routine for him. Before you went back to your dormitories, you would give a soft kiss on his cheek, bidding him good night. Perhaps it was nothing but a friendly gesture, but Severus' night sleep was getting better now.