• His Little Muggle •

severus snape x muggle! reader
-

Severus Snape knew he had a new neighbour. She just moved in yesterday. He saw her through his window, but he was not going to approach her. There was no need to. He never really felt the need to know his neighbours, considering that he would be spending most of his time at Hogwarts.

However, that morning, someone knocked on his door. He groaned, thinking to ignore the knocks. But then he remembered about his new neighbour. It couldn't be her, right?

He could not help but wondered who could be on his door early in the morning. His curiosity got the best of him and he found himself opening the door.

"Hi! I'm sorry for disturbing you, sir."

His eyes landed on you, who was beaming at him like he was your old friend.

"I'm Y/N, your new neighbour!"

You introduced yourself, and Severus shook your extended hand. He gave you a nod and thought why would you be so nice to him.

"I'm Severus."

And that was how he met you for the first time. He always thought that you shouldn't be staying in Spinner's End. Someone like you should stay away from a place like that but then he knew that you were a teacher. You were teaching at a school near your home thus that was why you moved there.

Severus started to notice so many things about his neighbour. He could not help but notice how your lips curled into an enchanting smile, and how his name rolled out of your tongue perfectly like it was meant to be.

He loved spending his time with you, and he knew he was letting you make your way into his cold heart.

"Morning, Severus!"

Severus would smile and gave you a nod as you greeted him in the morning before you went to work. You were always so happy. It brought joy into his life when you were there.

Sometimes he would invite you for tea and you would come with your homemade cookies. The cookies that you baked were far from perfect, but Severus ate them without any complaints — Unable to find anything wrong with you. In his eyes, anything you did was perfect.

"I'm sure your students are way better than mine!"

You said to him, that one day when you had tea in his home. Severus smirked and raised his eyebrows.

"I don't think so. Those dunderheads are suffocating me."

You laughed at his remark and Severus swore you could be the death of him. He was so proud to know that he was the one who caused your laughter and you were happy with him.

"Oh, I wish I could go to your school one day and meet those dunderheads."

You joked, still recovering from your laughter. Severus knew you were not serious, but then he realised that you were a muggle. You did not belong in his world, and yet, he did not care at all. He knew he belonged with you.

You never pushed him about his life. He knew that he talked so little about his work, but you just shrugged it off and accepted it. You were so kind and so beautiful. He was falling in love with you and there was no stopping it.

He even let you look at his books. You were in awe as you realised that man owned so many books. Severus knew you would have a myriad of questions about the books that were unusual for Muggles. But to his surprise, you had no questions for him.

You thought of the magic in his books was just a story, like any other fantasy books that you have read before. Severus just smiled. One day, he would tell you the truth, he promised to himself that he would.

There was one night when he went to your home. You asked him to watch a movie with you and he obliged. If Severus knew watching movie with you would mean having you in his arms, he would do it sooner.

His heart swelled when you snuggled into his arms, and he put his arm around your shoulder. Both of you were so comfortable with each other. There was no denying that there was an unspoken feeling in the air.

Severus knew it was love.

He knew his feeling for you was real when he saw you crying that day. He already had in his mind what time you would be home from school but that day, you were late.

When you finally came home, Severus frowned when he saw tears in your eyes. You got out of your car but you didn't notice that Severus was waiting for you. As soon as you saw him, you broke into tears.

"Severus..."

You whimpered, and he did not wait any second to pull you into his arms. He wrapped his arms around you protectively, whispering sweet nothings into your ears as you told him about your problems.

Since that day, Severus realised he could not see your tears of agony. It shattered him when you cried. It felt as if his whole world was crumbling into little pieces and he needed you to smile to put them back together.

You were his strength, but your tears was his weakness.

It was raining outside, when Severus read to you in the comfort of his home. You were sitting in a chair across him, smiling softly as his velvety voice got into your ears.

It was perfect. You could hear his soothing voice and the raindrops on his windows. You were so close to him, and you knew you could be closer if you wanted to. And if he let you, of course.

"Severus."

The Potions Master stopped reading and he put his book aside, smiling at you. You stood up from your chair and stood in front of him.

"Yes, Y/N?"

Severus subconsciously took your hands in his, and you let him. A blush ran across your cheeks as you sat in his lap, taking him by surprise. When he did not push you away, you smiled.

"I love you, Severus."

You whispered, but loud enough for him to hear you. Severus felt as if the world was spinning around him. You loved him?

You were getting scared when he did not say anything. But then he pulled you in for a loving kiss, melting your heart and his own. The kiss felt so right, as if the missing pieces that he was looking for his whole life had been found.

It was you.

"I love you too."

He confessed, and you chuckled heartily. Severus rested his forehead against yours, wrapping his arms around your waist as he pulled you closer towards him.

"I'll love you forever, darling."

Muggle or not, Severus did not mind at all. You had him wrapped around your finger and you knew it. You were his little muggle, and he would trade the whole Wizarding World for you, if he had to.

-
18th December 2020