• Anniversary •

Severus woke up to the sound of the birds chirping on his window, something that he had grown accustomed to. His heart melted when his eyes landed on your sleeping figure, and he kissed your head, humming softly as your steady breathing comforted him. He brushed a few strands of your hair from your face, adoring you just like he always did, but that day it was much more special. 

He was not used to showing appreciation and affection towards someone, but since you came into his life, he was slowly changing to make sure that his wife got all the love you deserved. Surely, Severus Snape was not a hopeless romantic at heart, but he reminded himself to appreciate you and love you with all of his heart, not wanting you to feel like he was taking you for granted.

But he had to admit, you were the one who always managed to win his heart over and over again, with your words of affection and your sweet gestures that he could never compete with. You made every celebration worth celebrating, including his birthday, which he never cared much before he knew you. You made him see that he was loved, and you worked even harder to prove it to him during special days.

You were extremely thoughtful, and it was not just because he was your husband. You appreciated everyone else too, remembering the other teachers' birthdays, cheering them up when they started to feel as if no one could cherish them. Severus adored you, and he was glad to have such an angel in his life.

He wondered what you had planned for your first wedding anniversary with him.

Severus cracked a smile when you shifted in his arms, slowly waking up and noticing that he was staring at you. You could not help but chuckled, burying your face in the crook of his neck.

"I know I'm pretty but you need to stop staring."

You mumbled, earning a chuckle from your husband. Severus pulled you closer into his arms if that was possible, wanting to talk about your first anniversary but he did not get to as you got out of his grasp, yawning.

"Where are you going?"

You frowned at his question, and Severus waited for you to shower him with kisses or to tell him the plan for the day after both of you finished teaching all classes on that particular day.

"Have you forgotten that we have classes to teach, Professor Snape?"

You responded, grinning at him as you went to the bathroom. Severus watched as you walked into the bathroom, leaving him with his thoughts. It was bugging him that you did not mention anything about the anniversary, and for a moment, Severus wanted to ask you about it, but then it dawned upon him that perhaps you had forgotten about it.

Had you forgotten about your first wedding anniversary with him?

Severus shook his head, chasing the thought from his mind. It was not possible for you to forget something salient in your relationship, and it was so unlike you to do it. But when you started to dress up for the day, humming a song under your breath like it was just another regular day, without mentioning anything about the anniversary, Severus was a little bit hurt.

He tried his best to pretend as if everything was fine, but his mind was fogged with the thought of you forgetting such an important day, and his heart was troubled. He glanced at you as you talked to Minerva during breakfast, deep in the conversation but he did not even bother to discover about it, as he still wondered if you really forgot about the special day.

Severus arched his eyebrow as you put your hand on his arm, leaning against him as you laughed at something that Minerva said. His heart was swarmed in joy as he saw your smile reached your eyes, and he decided to put his worry about the anniversary aside, putting his hand on top of yours. You smiled at his gesture and he sighed, thinking there was no way you would have forgotten that day.