• Cookies and Tea (3) •

"Severus, are you smiling?"

Minerva's voice shook him from his trance. He dropped his fork on the plate and looked at her, who had a puzzled look on her face upon seeing how happy the Potions Master was during breakfast.

"I'm not smiling, Minerva."

He denied, looking away from her. The older professor smirked and shook her head, not wanting to ask him even further about the reason behind his smile. Only Severus knew that he was smiling because he was thinking about you. He could not get you out of his mind since the last time he saw you, and he was anticipating to go out on a date with you this weekend.

Severus found himself being excited for the weekend, counting the days so that he could finally see you again. He missed your beautiful smile and your sweet voice, everything you did was alluring to him that he was not able to push you out his mind. He was feeling like a lovesick teenager, and he was disgusted at the thought, but then again he loved the feeling too.

"Why do you keep reading this book?"

Albus asked him one day, seeing him reading your book again, and the headmaster was sure the younger professor had the book with him every time they met.

"The writing is beautiful."

He said defensively, shutting it as his reading was disturbed. Albus stared at him for awhile, before a grin found its way on the old professor's face.

"I believe the author is beautiful too?"

Albus guessed, and he chuckled when Severus' face flushed, something that was unusual for him. He nodded weakly, and excused himself before the headmaster could ask more questions about you and him. He was not ready for the other teachers' teasing and remarks, especially when it was about you. When the time comes, he would tell them about you himself, proud to say that his heart was stolen by none other than you.

He was happy beyond words when the weekend had finally come but then he just turned to be a nervous wreck as he was standing in front of the small muggle coffee shop. You suggested the place to him, saying that you would be waiting for him there with two cups of coffee that you loved so much and he agreed.

"What are you waiting for, Severus?"

He mentally cursed himself as he was contemplating his decision to walk into the coffee shop. Sighing, he walked into the shop, the familiar smell of coffee in the air was calming him a bit. But his heart thud rapidly against his chest when he saw you waiting for him. As soon as your eyes landed on him, a big smile was painted on your face, not knowing that it sent warmth wrapped around the professor's heart.

He walked towards you and he was taken aback when you left a kiss on his cheek, sending a plethora of indescribable feelings exploded in his chest. You just smiled and he took a seat across you.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's alright. I thought perhaps you changed your mind."

You joked, but apparently Severus thought that you were being serious with him. He panicked, and you could see it on his face. You quickly put your hand on his, wanting to calm him down but it seemed to surprise him even more.

"Are you okay, Severus?"

His breath hitched when he felt your touch against his skin, and he cursed himself for being so nervous when he was supposed to be the calm and collected one.

"I'm totally fine."

He answered curtly, making a chuckle escaped your lips.

"I'm really glad you're here today. It's like a dream come true."