• Jealous •

severus snape x professor! reader
-
You were practically jumping on your feet as you walked into the Great Hall, taking a seat next to the one and only, Severus Snape. He eyed you carefully and wondered why were you so happy that morning.

"Morning, Severus!"

You chirped, beaming at him. He gave you a nod and tore his gaze away from you. You were always a walking ray of sunshine in Hogwarts, but the joy that was radiating off from you that morning was too much. Severus sighed and hoped that you were not going to start a conversation with him. It was hard though, because you always found ways to talk to him.

Surprisingly, you did not start a conversation with him that morning.

That was weird, he thought.

"Good morning, Y/N!"

Remus greeted happily, sitting next to you and did not forget to throw a small smile at Snape's direction. Instead of returning his colleague's smile with his own, Severus frowned.

"Did you sleep well?"

The new professor asked, and Severus almost choked on his breakfast when he saw you nodded violently, a chuckle escaped your lips. His heart was aching to know what you did with Lupin last night. Surely, you were just a colleague to him, but he was concerned. Perhaps you were more than just a colleague to him— He just did not want to admit it.

"I did. Thanks to you!"

You laughed, putting a hand on his arm in a friendly manner. Severus was not sure why, but rage was crawling over his chest when he saw Remus grinning at you.

"Now, I couldn't help but overheard your conversation. What did you do?"

Albus came and raised his eyebrows, a playful smirk was dancing on his lips. Severus's grip on his fork tightened until his knuckles turned white without he even realising it.

"Last night I couldn't sleep so Remus took me somewhere. He said it was a secret place in Hogwarts, I didn't even know it exists!"

You told Albus with so much excitement from your voice that Severus swore he could vomit. Well, if he was the cause of your excitement, he would not mind at all but it was Remus's doing— So yes, he might vomit.

"I'm sure Remus knows many hidden places here. He discovered them all during his study years."

Albus agreed, smiling at you and Remus. Remus cocked his eyebrow and could not help but smirk when he saw the gleam in your eyes.

"There are many things you haven't discovered yet."

Remus mumbled, and Severus could not hold back from rolling his eyes dramatically. It pissed him off so much that you were talking to Remus instead of him. You were always talking to him. What happened to make you change?

"Severus, are you alright?"

He tensed when he felt your comforting touch on his shoulder. He turned to look at you and his heart melted at your worry gaze. He was going to nod, but then he saw Remus was looking at him too.

"You look distressed. I mean, more distressed than usual."

Remus pointed out, shrugging his shoulders. Severus wanted to glare at his colleague but then he noticed you still had your eyes on him. You were very worried, he could tell.

Perhaps it was the stoic look on his face that concerned you. Or the way his hands were trembling from anger that he had for Lupin. It was possible that his face was red, trying to restrain himself from choking Lupin to death.