• Happier •

Walking into the Grimmauld Place, nerves were wrecking your body when your heart was still contemplating if you were ready to be there. It was an important meeting, and you had no heart to skip it even if many would excuse you from it. Your responsibilities were much more salient than your emotions.

Shutting the door behind you, a smile was formed on your lips as Molly pulled you in for a hug. You sighed in content, letting yourself enjoy her warm hug since it had been a few months without seeing the woman who thought you as her own daughter.

"We've all missed you."

You nodded, but you knew she understood the reason behind your disappearance for months. She was like a mother to you, since your family decided not to admit you as their own, and you knew she just wanted you to be happy. You tore your gaze from her when you heard a familiar voice behind you.

"Our little dove is back!"

Your smile widen when you saw Sirius, who opened his arms for you. He squinted his eyes at you when you did not move to run into his arms. You smirked, seeing how offended Sirius was. Remus came from the kitchen, his face lightened up upon seeing you.

"Y/N!"

Wanting to tease Sirius even more, you nodded at Remus and went to give him a hug instead.

"I'm hurt."

Sirius said, rolling his eyes at you. You let out a laugh and hugged him, causing him to grin. You missed your friends, of course you did, but there was someone else who caused you to stay away from months, trying to avoid yourself from falling into the drains once again if you ever see him.

However, you knew as you came to the meeting that night, Severus Snape would be there.

"He is coming tonight. Will you be alright?"

Molly asked, a sad smile was painted on her face. You nodded weakly, assuring her that you were fine. You were grateful that she never blamed you for what happened, since she warned you many times before that your love for Severus would only bring you to doom, but you never listened.

"I'm here for the meeting."

You pointed out, not wanting anyone in the order to look at Severus and see him as the bad guy, when you knew what you had with him was bound to end, but still, it was heartbreaking as you loved him endlessly, no matter how hopeless it was becoming now.

Sitting next to Sirius, you knew it was a good choice because Severus would not even think to glance at him, despising Black with all of his being, and it meant he would not look at you too, saving you from the agony.

But as the Potions Master walked into the room, you could not help but look up at him, your heart was beating rapidly, reminding you of what you had lost. He was so perfect to you, every single step he took screamed power and his eyes were so enchanting that they managed to hypnotise you every time.

Sadly, he was not yours anymore.

There was a lump in your throat when Severus looked at you, and it felt like time stopped, and nothing else mattered but him. You had to hold back a smile when you noticed the look on his face. He was doing fine, he was happy without you, and you could see it in his eyes. Your heart was torn whether you should be relieved or wallow yourself in pity, as now you knew he was better off without you.

You spent months trying to get over him, and now your heart still was not healed. It was hard for you. He walked away from you, and you decided to wait, and wait— But now you realised he was not coming back. He was much happier now than he was with you.