• Homesick •

severus snape x student! reader
-

You hummed with such a joy in your voice, practically bouncing on your feet as you made your way to the Forbidden Forest. You did not look back, but you knew someone was following you.

A chuckle escaped your lips and you stopped dead on your track. You could sense that his steps came to a halt as well, mimicking you.

"I thought you weren't coming."

You teased, not even minding to turn around. A big smile was plastered on your face when he revealed himself, scowling at you.

"I thought you said you were busy, Professor."

You continued, irritating the Potions Master as you both started to walk side by side into the Forbidden Forest.

"I'm not going to let you walk into the forest alone."

Severus mumbled, his cold demeanor was slowly breaking down as both of you were in the forest and far from other students.

"Aww, you're worried about me? That's sweet."

You giggled. Severus rolled his eyes dramatically but then he sent you a small smile, gesturing you to take his hand. You put your hand in his, smiling as his warmth engulfed your skin.

"A walk in the forest to relieve your stress— You're truly unique, Y/N."

He muttered, a smirk was dancing on his
lips. You laughed and nodded vigirously.

"I would rather stay in the library but you said I should take my time off the books. So I think a walk would do."

You replied, glancing at the man. You could not believe that he was asking you to take time off books. But then again, he might be a teacher, but he was much more than that to you. He cared, and he loved you.

"You're stressing out, my darling. I can see it in your eyes."

Severus squeezed your shoulders as both of you stopped walking. You looked him in the eyes and your heart fluttered at his loving words, knowing that this man fell head over heels for you.

"It's important to be stressed sometimes. I need to score the best for my N.E.W.T thus the pressure helps me, I think."

You put your hand on his chest, something that you were accustomed to do when you were standing close with Severus, except in class of course.

"I understand. But please don't forget to eat and sleep. I don't want you to get sick."

A frown started to form on his face, worried that something bad might happen to you, his love and the light of his life. You grinned and shook your head.

"You too, Severus. You've been stressing out too. I know you're exhausted, but still, you're here to accompany me walking in the forest."

His heart melted at your kind words and Severus smiled.

"Perhaps I'm tired but I will never get tired of you. I love being with you here."

"Oh really? Sometimes I wonder if you're annoyed with me."

You muttered, insecurities were wrapping your fragile heart. Being younger than him always made you vulnerable, feeling as if you were not enough and that he deserved to experience his life with somebody better than you.

Severus noticed the insecurities that were lying underneath your words, his heart was aching. He planted a soft kiss on your forehead and smiled genuinely at you.