• Not Afraid Anymore •

young! severus snape x reader
-

You looked out of your window, staring into the distance, waiting if there was a letter from him. You had sent a few letters to him, but sadly he never responded to any of them. It was worrying you, considering how toxic his home was. He always despised being home, thus he would write to you to distract himself from his arguing parents.

Your heart was aching at the thought of Severus being so trapped in his home during the holidays. You heard devastating stories about his home from him, and you did not like the idea of your boyfriend being in the dreadful home. He always found comfort when he was in Hogwarts, mostly because you were there with him.

You asked him to stay with you a few times already, but he rejected the idea every single time. He never wanted to be a burden to you. He would say that having you as his lover was a blessing, and he did not want to be a nuisance to his blessing.

Sighing, you jumped out of your bed and went downstairs where your parents were having tea in the living room. They smiled when you approached them, and you went to sit next to your father.

"Hello, Miss Y/N."

Your house-elf greeted you, pouring tea into a cup and handed it to you. You gave him a warm smile, and nodded.

"Thank you."

You thanked him, and watched with amusement as he scurried away to the kitchen. Your house-elf was always shy with you, saying that you were the kindest person he had ever met.

"It's good to finally see you out of your room."

Your mother pointed out, and you pressed your lips into a thin line at her words. You had to admit that since Severus did not respond to your letters, you stayed in your room more often than usual, losing yourself in your own thoughts about him.

"Are you still waiting for his letter?"

She asked, knowing what was troubling your mind. You were not a person who kept secrets from your parents, considering that you told them almost everything about your life including when you started to date Severus. In fact, your parents had to listen you talking so highly about him, never once did you mention anything bad about him because in your eyes, he was the perfect one for you.

"I'm worried about him."

You sighed, your heart was getting heavy at the thought of something bad could happen to him.

"Why don't you go visit him tomorrow? I'll take you there."

Your father suggested, making a big smile found its way on your face. You squealed and gave your father a hug, and he pretended as if he could not breath at how tight you were hugging him.

"You're too happy, my little dove. I'm starting to think that you love this Severus more than you love your parents."

Your father teased, and your mother just chuckled at his remark. Your face flushed, thinking of how much you loved Severus. Your parents were going to tease you more when your house-elf called out for you.

"I'm sorry, Miss Y/N but there is a boy at the door who is looking for you."

Your parents looked at each other with questions in their head. Usually, no one would come to your family manor uninvited unless there was some important matters to be discussed. They wondered who was on their door, wanting to see you.

Your mind was directed to one person, worry sunk deep within your heart and you rushed towards the door. A gasp escaped your lips when you saw Severus standing there, looking so weak and beaten up. There was tears in his eyes when he looked at you, who looked as beautiful as ever, so different than the state that he was in. Suddenly, a wave of embarrassment washed over him, thinking that he should not even came in the first place.