• Walk You Home •

Severus walked into the muggle bookstore, not really knowing what he was doing there. Truthfully, he was bored and he thought that perhaps by reading some books, it could help his boredom. He wandered in the bookstore, hoping to find some books that spark his interests.

However, nothing caught his eyes and he sighed in disappointment. He was deciding to leave when his eyes landed on a figure who seemed to be struggling, reaching out for a book. His eyebrows knitted together, thinking if he should just leave or help. Severus did the latter.

On the other hand, you were standing on your tiptoes, as you tried to take a book that you wanted that was placed too high on the shelves. You groaned when your fingertips barely touched the book, unable to take it. Your eyes widen when a man grabbed the book, giving it to you.

"Oh, thank you so much!"

You beamed at him, thanking him that he just solved your problem. Only you knew how long you had been there just because of the book. Severus' breath hitched when you smiled at him. He was awestruck, and he froze, suddenly he did not know what to do or what to say.

"I'm Y/N. You just saved my day."

You chuckled, and it was honey to his ears. Severus awkwardly shook your extended hand. He cleared his throat when he realised that you were expecting him to introduce himself.

"I'm Severus."

"What a beautiful name. It's nice to meet you!"

Severus knew that you were being genuine, and not just trying to be nice to him and it shocked him. You were complimenting him, and he was taken aback. It had been so long since somebody showed their appreciation towards him.

"Do you live around here?"

You asked, interested to know more about the mysterious man. There was a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about him and you were eager to discover them all. He did not answer you, and you realised that he seemed uncomfortable talking to you.

"I'm so sorry if I make you uncomfortable. I'll be going now."

You apologised, and Severus cursed himself for giving you the wrong idea. He quickly shook his head, giving you a small smile.

"No, I'm just— You're beautiful."

He blurted out, not wanting you to leave so soon. His eyes grew wide when he realised what he said, and he mentally facepalmed. A steady blush ran across your cheeks at his words, chuckling under your breath.

"Thank you. You're handsome. I like your hair."

Your words made his face flush, and you chewed on your bottom lip to hold back your laughs upon seeing his reaction. You were determined to get to know him now. If you walked out of the bookstore without seeing him again, you would be doomed.

Severus gazed at you and he knew he wanted to see you again. He hoped he had the courage to ask you out. But it was funny enough because with you, suddenly his confidence flew out the window and he was a stuttering mess.

"Can you suggest me any book?"

He breathed out, smiling as he realised he managed to keep you there with him longer. You nodded vigorously, the gleam in your eyes was enchanting him. He watched as you picked a book for him and told everything that was interesting about it with so much passion in your voice.

You noticed that he was not listening to you, but he was staring at you. You stopped talking and looked him in the eyes, a smirk was dancing on your lips.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

Severus could not believe his ears at your question. His jaw dropped and he looked at you in disbelief. Did you just ask him out?

"A date?"

"Yes, unless you don't want to then it's fine—"

"Of course!"

He cut you off, smiling nervously. If his students ever saw Professor Snape being that nervous, they would laugh at him. You had such a power over him to make him tremble and stutter in your presence, he realised that quickly.

Severus was looking forward to have a dinner with you but now that as he was in the bookstore, he wanted to savour the moment as much as possible. Thus, when both of you paid for the books, he offered to walk you home.

"Do you want me to walk you home? It's getting late, and it's dangerous to walk alone now."

He tried to make excuses as for why you could not walk home alone. You grinned at his attempt when you realised it was not that late yet. It was not like you were going to say no to this man though.

"Sure. Let's go, Severus."

You took his arm, and started to walk home with him. Severus smiled at your touch, but he tried his best to stay calm. He never knew that it would be a routine for him in the future. He walked you home that day, and many other days after that. There would be stolen kisses and warm hugs after he sent you right at your doorstep, and days turned into months and months turned into years; Severus would no longer walk you home, as you and him already shared the same place that both of you called home. 

-
gimme a snape come on
i want one now

5th January 2020