• What If I Forget You? •

Your heart was swarmed with a thousand of astounding feelings, as you walked into the room and you finally saw him. He was standing with his back against you, clearly not noticing your presence as he was busy brewing his potion. Your mouth was agape, as if you wanted to call out his name, but you were not sure if he was really there with you. Your body froze, unable to move towards him.

"Severus?"

You called out, and the man stopped working, his body stiffened at the sound of your voice. Your heart thud rapidly against your ribcage, saying his name was something that so foreign and yet, by heavens, it felt so right at that moment. He turned around and you gasped when you recognised him. It was him, and it was true.

"Y/N, you're here."

He said in disbelief, dropping things that he held in his hands onto the table, the potion was long forgotten as his dark eyes landed on you. You beamed at him, and walked slowly towards him, afraid if he might push you away. You wanted to run into his arms and beg him to never let you again, but fear was suffocating your mind, not wanting to embarrass yourself in front of Severus.

However, tears of joy welled up in your eyes when Severus took a few long strides towards you, wrapping his strong arms around your small figure. You shut your eyes tightly as you let yourself melted in his arms, knowing that he was holding you protectively, and you were finally home.

"You're here with me, my love."

His voice cracked, he could not help but let a rush of strong emotions washed over him, as he held you in his arms. You chuckled heartily upon hearing his silky voice in your ears, which sent butterflies fluttering in your stomach. You opened your eyes, wanting to see his face, the one that had never left your mind no matter how far you were apart.

"I'm here, Severus. I miss you so much."

You said, caressing his face gently, as happy tears rolled down upon your cheeks. Those feelings that were indescribable turned into something that was so sweet and memorable to you, and you knew you missed him so dearly. You missed Severus with all of your heart because you were madly in love with him, just as much as he was with you.

"It's alright. We're together now."

He assured you, a soft smile was painted on his face, and it was the biggest smile that you had ever seen him wear. Severus left his potion, as he decided to spend his time with you, which he was aware would not be long. But nevertheless, moments with you would be the best moments in his life no matter how small they were.

You listened as he told you about his dreadful days teaching the students, and you knew the man was stressed out with his work. You felt bad for not being there for him, but both of you knew it was not possible for you to stay. Severus only had you, the only person that he was comfortable to share his stories, to let you know about his joy and pain, he was grateful to have you there.

"I'm happy to be here with you, Severus."

You smiled, not knowing how much he was bewitched with your smile, the strength and inspiration that he got just by seeing you smile genuinely at him. He wanted to memorise the way your lips curled into an alluring smile, and the sound of your angelic laughs. Severus was sure if someone tried to break into his mind, the first thing they would discover was his memories of your smile and laughter.

You were always at the front of his mind.

"I hope life is treating you right, my love."

He said, wishing nothing but wonderful things for you. He could remember the last time he saw you, you were crying your eyes out, your gut-wrenching sobs tore and ripped his heart apart and he would remember the pain for the rest of his life. He swore to never let you be alone during those times, knowing that you needed him more than ever when you were down in the drains.