• Morning Lesson •

Severus loved to spend his blissful days with his beloved wife. He would trade the world just to have one peaceful morning in your arms, waking up next to you without having to rush anywhere, and just keeping each other warm in bed without any disturbance from anyone.

He looked forward for every single weekend, so that he could find his solace through holding you close into his chest, not even minding to wake up at the sound of birds singing. You did not have to go to work and he did not have to face the silly dunderheads. Weekends were everything to Severus since he had you in his life.

But that morning, Severus wanted to do something even more special for you. He knew you loved it when he cooked for you, and he did not feel like sleeping in that day so he decided to make some breakfast for his darling wife.

Planting a soft kiss on your head, Severus smiled at you, who was sleeping soundly in bed. He tried not to make any noise as he got out of the bed, wanting you to get as much as rest you needed. He was aware of how hectic your week was, and you were beyond stressed out, he wished he could help you a bit.

"I love you."

He whispered under his breath, astonished to get a sigh of content from you, even if you were in a deep sleep. He could not help but leave another kiss on your head, lingering there for a bit before reminding himself that he wanted to prepare breakfast for you.

Glancing at your sleeping form for the last time, a small smile was formed on his lips, Severus went to his kitchen. He was not the best cook, but you always complimented his cooking, that he was better of a cook than you were, and he was not going to argue with it. If there was one thing he was better than you, it would be cooking.

While Severus was busy preparing breakfast, he felt something brushing against his leg, and he rolled his eyes, immediately knowing what it was. He looked down to see your cat, the one he got for you for your birthday two years ago since you wanted a pet so bad. He was not a cat person, but he would be lying if he say he never adored that cat, the one you loved so dearly.

"What do you want? I'm busy."

He murmured, as if the cat understood him. Severus had always thought it was absurd for people to talk to their cats, but now he was doing it too. Well, he learned it from you. He loved how you talked to every cat you found on the streets, greeting them cheerfully, and by time Severus realised it was just in your nature. 

"Stop it."

He warned, as your cat kept budging against his leg, and a sigh escaped his lips. He was talking to a cat, again, as he had been doing for the past two years.

"Loki."

He called out of his name, and the fluffy black cat stayed still, as if glaring at the Potions Master with his green eyes. Severus frowned, when the glare on him softened, and Loki started to purr.

"Fine. You want to eat, don't you?"

At Severus' words, Loki was meowing even louder and he hushed the cat, not wanting to wake you up. The professor huffed in annoyance, but he could not hold back a smile that was growing on his face as he watched the adorable cat ate his food.

If his students ever see Professor Snape in his pyjamas, cooking breakfast, and feeding his cat, while smiling — They would freak out.

Severus continued what he was doing when the cat was no longer disturbing him. And as much as he was annoyed with Loki, once the cat walked out of the kitchen, Severus felt a little bit lonely without his little fluffy buddy now.

As soon as he was done, Severus did not wait any second to go and wake you up. His heart swelled in joy to see you in bed, looking as beautiful as ever and he would be forever grateful to be married to such an angel like yourself.