• Blood Traitor (2) •

Severus looked around his house, the silence was deafening, as if it was mocking him that he was the cause of the emptiness of his home, and the emotional hole within his heart. It was way too quiet, the solitude that he was hoping to find was no longer there as it clawed on his heart when he realised his home was silent because you were not there.

Suddenly, your scream rang through his mind once again, tormenting him as he could only see you being dragged away from, fear and disappointment were evident in your eyes. You were begging for him to help you, but he did not. He watched as they muttered cruel spell towards you, wanting to murder you slowly but painfully. Even when you were losing your voice to speak, your eyes pleaded him, talking to him in a way that only he could understand, but still, Severus masked his feelings well and the Dark Lord was impressed.

He would remember the agonising scream you let out forever, along with disapproval looks from Narcissa and Lucius, once they realised that he was not sticking to the plan. Voldemort trusted him enough for Severus to convince him to set you free, and yet Severus did not do it, afraid if his position would be threatened. The memory was unfolded before his eyes, and he quickly shook his head, collecting himself together as he started to feel guilty.   

Walking back towards his bedroom, Severus inhaled sharply, it was as if your shadow was following him wherever he goes, haunting him with his guilt and regret. Perhaps he was used to having you by his side, hence now that he was alone, he felt so odd and dejected, or perhaps he was just letting the guilt eat him alive, upon letting you to face such a cruel fate when you deserved so much better than him.

His dark eyes scanned over the boxes in his room, filled with your stuff. He knew he was missing you, and it would only worsen if he saw your stuff lying around the house, when he knew so well that you were no longer there in his home. Severus tried to put them away in those boxes, but he had no heart to throw them away, failing to do it every time he intended to do so.

Sitting down on his bed, his heart tightened, feeling as if the bed was too huge for him alone, without you for him to hold at nights. His hand instinctively reached for your side of the bed, wincing slightly as he noticed it was cold, since you would not be lying next to him anymore.

Severus was bathing himself in guilt as his eyes landed on your picture. Before he could stop himself, the picture was in his hands and his shaky fingers traced your smile, feeling something was tugging on his heartstrings. Your smile used to enchant him, pulling him out of the dark tunnel of his life, showing him a path of happiness that you promised him you would provide and he obliged, following you in every step of the way.   

But he let you go, in the most heartbreaking way, as if you were not the one who collected the pieces of his heart he left behind, mending it until he believed in love once again, teaching him to be happy, only for you to be left and betrayed at the end of your life.

Severus knew you loved him, you told him about it every day, reminding him of how loved he was and he did not even need your words because he could see your love and adoration for him clear in your eyes, and in every thing you did to him. You were always careful with his heart, afraid if you would somehow shatter it with your own hands, and Severus realised you had never hurt him.

Tears boiled in the corner of his eyes, and panic rose into his chest, trapping him in guilt and sorrow that he could never get out from for the rest of his life. Your sweet voice was ringing through his ears, your words of affection and your angelic voice as you hummed him to sleep— They were coming to him in a harsh wave, pulling him under, and he was drowning. 

Severus found himself lying on his back, staring at the empty space on his bed, hoping that he could do something to bring you back. His heart was hollow, and it was a place that you used to call home, and Severus was not sure how to fill the void within his heart.