Chapter 15: Dinner

Luca (6:14 PM) Be there in 10

Sophia ran her hand through her hair yet again before huffing looking at the mirror. Her body twisting side to side looking over her attire. She was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans that hugged her legs and a blue tank top that had a choker around the neck. Her red hair a contrast against the blue of the shirt. She had no clue what to wear to a 'family dinner'. The only family she had left was her sister. 

They were by no means close to their relatives, not even sure if they were still alive or not. Their family practically disowned them when their father married their mother. She was an orphan and didn't have a prestigious background to 'impress' his family. He didn't care, he only had eyes for her and was willing to give up everything for her. In the end, he did just that and never looked back. He always said she was the best choice he ever made because it lead to his two greatest treasures. 

Sophia smiles sadly letting her face drop momentarily before looking back up to see a bit of teary eyes. She looks to the ceiling inhaling deeply before shaking away the sadness. Tonight was not going to be about her troubled past or-

"Why on earth are still standing there?"

Sophia turns to find her sister holding onto the door frame with one hand absentmindedly rubbing her protruding stomach. She waddles into the room before flopping down on her bed. Sophia's lips turn into a small smile seeing her sister becoming a mother. She wished it was under different circumstances but it wasn't. No use trying to change the past. Hearing a loud sigh she breaks from her thoughts before going to sit by her sister on the bed easily taking her hand into her own. 

"Am I dressed okay?"

Jessica raises a single brow with clear amusement swirling in her eyes. "You always look good. Why are you nervous?"

"I'm not!" Sophia defends. A snort falls from Jessica's lips clearly showing she is not buying it. If Sophia is being honest, she doesn't believe it either. "It's just... I want to make a good impression."

After a minute of silence, Sophia looks to her sister who is giving her an unimpressed look. "When have you EVER given any other type of impression?!"

"I don't know..." Sophia sighs not knowing how to express herself. She looks down to her hands allowing her hair to fall covering her face. "I don't know what Luca thinks of me or what... what exactly THIS is. We haven't really discussed it."

"According to Taylor, he has made his attention clear from the way he looks at you."

"She said that?!" Sophia says with disbelief earning a roaring laugh from her sister. The little red head's cheeks burning in embarrassment. She feels her sister try to maneuver around before she finally manages to sit up wrapping an arm around her shoulder. 

"Soph... how do you feel about him?" Her voice much softer now. 

"I like him. He makes me feel... different. I can't explain it." Sophia says looking forward while trying to formulate it into words. "It's like my body can feel when he is looking at me. Or if were in the same room, my heart just races a bit quicker. Then he does little things that make my stomach just do flips."

"Brad says he 'magically' appears everytime he comes near you." Both girls laugh as she air quotes magically. "Does he know Brad is gay?"

"I don't know" Sophia says not completely sure as Jessica laughs again before clutching her stomach. Sophia is quick to put her hand on her sisters. 

"I'm alright" Jessica says breathing through the pain before moving her hand to place on top of her sisters. Sophia watches as Jess guides her hand to move over a particular spot on her stomach. Not even a minute goes by before she feels the kick. "She has some strong legs."