Chapter 18: Job to Do

Luca stood near the door his jaw clenched and form rigid. Fucking Doctor. How dare he eye fuck Sophia like that? He didn't actually want to leave her with him but had to look at the bigger picture. They were here for Jessica. Hopefully the doctor will too busy to try taking a look at his Tesoro. 

Leaning his head back against the wall, his mind wanders to this evening. He smiles remembering how he had her wrapped in his arms or constantly touching her. She didn't mind but rather embraced it. Hearing the truth is hard and he will have to convince her to fight but for right now, at least she wasn't pushing him away anymore. They could begin to see where this was heading. He knew what he wanted but he needed to make sure his Tesoro wanted the same. 

"Mr. Sanford, would you like a drink?"

He opens his eyes to find Ms. Wood looking at him. "That would be nice Ms. Wood."

He notices that Brad's eyes are trained on the door. He wonders if Brad may have feelings for Jessica... or worse, Sophia. He continues looking at Brad who doesn't even spare him a glance. 

"Don't worry boss, I'm still more attracted to you than the girls."

His eyes widen at his bluntness. His arms coming up to cross over his chest earning a chuckle from the man. Brad glances quickly at him before turning back to the door his own body leaning against the apposing wall. Luca thinks for a moment about his statement but he continues. 

"Those two have never had it easy and Jessica is my person."

 "You care a great deal about her?"

"If I wasn't gay, I would be married to her by now." Brad states in all seriousness. 

Luca just nods his head not sure what to say. He has never met someone like Brad. He openly admits how much he cares for a woman and yet is attracted only to men. It is odd to say the least but in a way he understands. You can't help who you love or who you are attracted to. 

"You care about baby Sophia?" Luca looks the man directly in the eyes not giving anything away. A smile appears on Brad's lips as he looks down to his shoes. "You may not say it boss but it is evident."

He goes to retort but the door opens and the doctor walks out with one of the nurses.

"All went well. The nurse is cleaning her up and you can go in a moment."

 His eyes looking at Luca's for a brief moment before he hastily begins talking to the nurse and walks by. A loud snort is heard making Luca snap his attention to Brad. 

"See"

The door opens again and another nurse looks to them. "Only one at a time."

Luca looks at Brad and nods to him. He knows the woman in there needs him right now. Brad takes a deep breath and straightens his spine before walking in. The nurse opens the door for him before stepping out and nodding at Luca. 

"Here you go"

He looks to his right to find Taylor walking to him with a cup of coffee. He takes it from her giving her a small 'thank you'. She returns it with a smile before looking around. He realizes she must be looking for Brad. 

"He's inside."

She nods her head as the door opens again and Sophia's head pops out. Her smile is wide making Luca relax as she steps out. Her eyes turning to Taylor, "You can go in Taylor."

The little brunette doesn't wait to walk by the red hair beauty to find her friend and colleague. Sophia closes the door gently before practically jumping into Luca's arms. His own arms tightening around her as holds him firmly. Her breath fanning his neck causing him to shiver.