Chapter 3: Genius?

"Shit!"

Taylor lifted her head looking through the glass wall to find Sophia on the floor. Taylor giggled standing up pushing through their conjoined room. Standing by the door, she watches as Sophia jumps up from the floor straightening her hair then her blouse. Taylor couldn't help but laugh  while looking at the red head beauty. Sophia and Jess were alike in some ways but looked nothing alike. Jessica was pretty but Sophia was down right gorgeous and from what Taylor could see, she was not aware of it. 

"Any problems Sophia?" She asks in a teasing tone. 

"All good" The red head says with two thumbs up making Taylor clutch her stomach laughing again. Taylor gathers herself walking around to see what she has been up to and is shocked at what she sees. 

"Soph... what?"

"What's wrong?"

"How did you already complete all those files I sent over and the payroll?"

Taylor began clicking around to make sure she did everything and to her fascination, everything was done. She turned to find the red head biting her lip looking shy. Taylor stood up straight waiting for an explanation. It was clear the girl was about to combust if she didn't talk. After only a minute she sagged and threw her arms up. 

"It was too easy! Jessica said could have been using an algorithm for parts of her job all this time."

"Wait- Algorithm?" Taylor questions confused and then her eyes widen. "Holy shit, are you some kind of genius?"

Sophia snorts pursing her lips hating that term. That answered Taylor's question without words. This girl was smart! That made her want to ask a whole lot of other questions but they are cut off when her computer dings. Sophia steps around her looking at it with a grin before pressing print. Taylor watches with furrow brows as she notices a few prints placed on Jessica's desk all are checks with Mr. Sandford's signature. 

"What are you working on?"

"Right now... not sure yet."

"Then what are all these?" Taylor says lifting one of the pages. Sophia comes back to stand beside her looking down at the documents she has been printing. 

"A peculiarity" Sophia says in thought. She points down at the signature. "See that there?"

Taylor looks closely but doesn't see anything. She is pointing directly at the loop in the S on the signature. She shakes her head negatively. 

"It isn't the quite right." She picks up another, "in all of these... there is a hesitation in the letter."

Taylor snatches it back looking closely when she sees it. The slight mark showing where in the S the pen sat like the writer had to think. Her eyes going wide as she flops down in the chair. "Holy shit."

"Until I know more, I'm not doing anything yet." Sophia says gathering the documents while Taylor sits there completely stunned by this phenomenal woman. Sophia tucks all the papers into a folder putting into her desk before turning to the stunned brunette still sitting with wide eyes. "What?"

"You do realize what you just found right?"

Sophia quickly shakes her head not ready to turn that in just yet. She doesn't know the company well enough to presume what Taylor is implying. There is a chance that Mr. Sandford has someone sign for him. It is not unheard of for bosses to trust someone close to them to sign. 

"I need to learn more for now. So what now?" She ask redirecting the conversation. 

Taylor sags in the chair. This girl is going to run her rapid if she continues to be 'bored' as she calls it. Taylor rolls the chair over to the computer gently nudging Sophia to the side. She brings up some companies that are in the works with the contracts.