Chapter 30: Good News

It's been a month since Sophia has started her chemo therapy. She has had two appts so far and as promised, Luca had been there for both. She was warmed by his sincerity of always being present with her. By this point everyone who needed to know about her condition had been made aware. Mark was a mess when Sophia told him why she had been gone. In truth, everyone showed her much love during this time making her feel loved. 

Today was Sunday and she promised Luca's mother Heather that she would come for dinner tonight. Jessica had also said that she had some news to give to her but wanted to take her out for lunch to announce it. Sophia was curious about what could possibly have made her sister begin to smile. The elder sister had returned to her work last week and Sophia as requested by Luca had become his personal assistant. 

So here she was looking at herself in the mirror brushing her hair while looking at the face looking back. She could tell minor changes have began to occur. The chemo made her already pale complexion begin turning ghostly white. Laying down the brush, her heart grew heavy finding the brush with more than an abundance of hair on it. It was to be expected but it didn't make it any easier. The first time she cried for several days not wanting to loose her hair. 

Sighing loudly she stopped messing with it and went to get a nice dress on. The weather was warmer today and she wanted to enjoy it while she could. Deciding to wear flats with the dress, she takes one more glance in the mirror before making her way out of the room. Her sister was already near the door securing little Destiny into her car seat. Sophia couldn't get over how quickly her sister's natural curvy form returned. 

"You ready?"

She nods her head and goes to open the door allowing her sister to carry her out. 

"Jess, I got her love."

Sophia grins hearing Brad's voice as she turns. He jogs to her taking the car seat out of Brad's hands. She leans over kissing his cheek before he turns to walk towards her car. Sophia can't help but giggle softly watching them. Brad has been around constantly acting more and more like a husband and dad. Sophia hasn't said a word completely aware that Jessica doesn't even realize it. Taylor even said that they should just 'shack up'. Brad is completely enamored by Destiny and he has already said on numerous occasions that he loves Jessica. 

"Brad, what are you doing here?" Sophia asks as they walk to the car. 

"Didn't Jess tell you?" He says looking over his shoulder while fastening the car seat in. 

Sophia turns to her sister expectantly. "I invited him, and Taylor for lunch too."

She nods not sure what is going on but her sister is chirpy and does not want to ruin the good mood. She climbs into the back by Destiny looking at the beautiful girl while Brad takes the passenger seat. Jessica starts up a conversation with Brad and Sophia zones out as the pair continue laughing about something or another. 

She thought about the last few months and the impact Luca has had on her heart. Luca. Just his name makes a gentle smile come to her lips. He has been more than caring to her. After her first appointment, he brought her back home and stayed until she later awoken to find him making her a simple dinner. Her insides melting watching as he moved with grace throughout the kitchen. She can cook but a man that can cook... that was just sexy. 

Last week, they had stayed at his condo for the weekend. It was a comfy weekend with them snuggling up together on the couch or in the comfort of his bed. They had spoke of stories of the past and wishes for the future. Luca had mentioned that maybe he could help her find her biological parents to help with bone marrow search but she has not and still does not want to know them. It was their choice for what ever the reason to leave her in the orphanage. She had no reason to bring them back into her life. Luca stressed that they could be a match for her. She was adamant that she wanted nothing to do with them.