Chapter 6: Meeting the Boss

Sophia counted as the elevator continued to rise. After she left the office yesterday, she spoke to Jessica about what she found and her sister said she needed to talk to the CEO first thing in the morning. After a lot of debating about whether or not she should, she decided to take her sisters advice. The only problem now is she remembers Taylor's words about the boss. What if he gets upset with her for running this diagnostic on prior checks? Or worse, didn't believe her findings and threatened Jessica's job?! Shaking her head she rids her mind of those thoughts. 

Arriving at the office today, she was happy that Taylor didn't bring up the incident from yesterday. She greeted her and spoke to her about her list of work for the day. Sophia can see that she had a groove of how to efficiently do her job and was impressed. It will be lunch time in about an hour and she just wanted to do this before she lost her nerve. The elevator dinged signaling she has arrived at the floor. Taking a deep inhale and releasing slowly she steps out. The floor was vacant aside from many meeting rooms. She steps forward and begins hearing vigorous typing. Walking to the tall desk, she finds the man from the elevator yesterday, Fletcher. 

"Excuse me?"

He looks up and he smirks standing up leaning over the top of his desk towards her. Sophia unconsciously steps back giving a tight lip smile. His eyes then travel down her form making her skin crawl.

"How can I help Ms. Andrews?"

His attempts at a seductive tone come out like a frat boy trying to hard. Sophia has to stop herself from gagging at his tone instead she clears her throat holding the folder close to her. 

"Is Mr. Sanford available?"

Fletcher raises a brow at her clearly confused on what she is doing here. "For what?"

Sophia isn't willing to tell this man anything. He looked like a snake and slithered like one. Giving a polite smile, "It won't take much of his time."

"Well sorry Jessica but he is with someone... you could wait with me"

His suggestive tone made her shiver but not in pleasure. He saw her reaction and smirked thinking he was getting the upper hand. He slinks around the counter and begins walking to her. Sophia backs up as the door to the closed office door opens. Both turn looking to seeing a beautiful dark woman walks out raising a brow to Fletcher. Her attention then turns to Sophia. Feeling like she is in trouble, her breathing comes out heavy as she turns to leave. 

"Fletcher come in here, please"

She goes to the elevator as Fletcher walks to the big door the woman just came out of. Hitting the elevator button, she doesn't look back but can feel the unknown woman come to stand beside her before glancing at her. 

"Are you new here?"

Not wanting to be rude, she turns to the woman giving her a subtle head nod. "Yes ma'am, I am here temporarily."

The woman hums to her response before reaching her hand out to Sophia. "It's wonderful to meet you..."

Sophia reaches to shake but drops the folder in the process. Making her fall to her knees to gather the papers. Grumbling under her breath as the doors behind them open again. 

"Ms. Andrews!"

Disregarding Fletcher's accusing tone, she gathers the papers as another hand comes over to her. She looks to the dark hair and dark eyes of the woman who gives her a small smile. Sophia returns it while reaching for the papers. A hand shoots out to the papers that doesn't belong the woman. She takes the paper not even looking before straightening herself upright. Raising her gaze to the newcomer, she gets awestruck. The man was down right gorgeous. His dark hair was in messy curls longer than most short hair cuts she has seen. He has a strong jaw that is covered in slight stubble which she believes only enhances his look. The most striking feature has to be his ice blue eyes. They are looking directly at her making her breathing stop. Fuck me! Is this the CEO Taylor mentioned?!? She drops her head quickly not wanting to seem like she is staring.