Chapter 27: Being Prepared

"BABY SOPHIA!"

Sophia winced hearing Brad's loud voice as she walked onto the paralegal floor. He quickly gathered her in his arms picking her up like a rag doll. 

"Put me down Brad!"

He chuckles doing as she ask ruffling her hair in a playful manner earning a pout from the little red head. Sophia pats down her hair before shoving at Brad's shoulder. The boulder doesn't even move under her pitiful attempts only irritating her further. He laughs before swinging his arm over her shoulder leading her to his office. He closes the door as Sophia takes a seat in one of the chairs.

"What brings you down here? Figured your boyfriend wouldn't let you out of his sight."

She narrows her eyes playfully but doesn't retort. Her blush quickly creeping up her cheeks as she recalls her morning so far. After her melt down, they got ready leaving to head to her home. The prior incident not being spoken about. Sophia was grateful that he didn't pity her and just let it go. Jessica was already awake playing with Destiny who was all smiles. Luca took the opportunity while she was getting ready to hold Destiny. She came down stairs to find him talking to her as she gurgled in reply. The sight warming her heart. 

He drove them both to the office. Upon exiting the car, he took her hand intertwining it with his own as they walked in the building. Sam waving at the pair earning a wave back. Associates gave them both polite good mornings as they made their way upstairs. Luca asked her to come to his office immediately where once again her lips were attacked in the most delirious way. He seemed to never get enough and she was not one to complain. 

"You with me chicka?"

She snapped her attention back to Brad who looked to her with a tilt to his head. She shaked her head handing him the recent contract she had looked at for him. He took it and began flipping through it reading her cliff notes on the side of the pages. A smirk appeared on his lips as well as a gentle shake of his head. Closing the contract he looked up to her with a smile. 

"How on earth you are not a lawyer by now is beyond me."

Sophia scrunched her nose up in disgust momentarily before her eyes go wide realizing how rude that could look. Brad throws his head back watching as her facial expressions quickly change. He wasn't upset knowing legal is not for everyone. 

"I'm sorry Brad-"

He holds up his hand stopping her. "It's alright Soph... It's not your cup of tea."

"I just always thought traveling was what I wanted. I loved taking photos and the adventure."

"And now?" He questions raising an eyebrow at her. She looks down biting her lip while smiling. 

"I still love photos but I have people here that I want to be around."

"I knew you secretly loved me." He says placing a hand to his heart earning an eye roll from her. She gets up prompting him to stand as well. 

"I need to see Mark for a minute, is he available?"

Brad nods and guides her back to her bosses office. Some of the other workers doing double takes seeing the boss' girl down here. Sophia just kept her gaze forward even though she could feel their eyes on her. She was aware what they some of them thought of her but she wasn't bothered by it. She knew who she was and how she got here despite what others thought. In a few weeks time it won't matter anyway. She will be handing back the reigns to her sister. Crap, she still needs to find an assistant for Luca. 

Knock Knock

Sophia lifts her gaze not even realizing they have arrived at Mark's office. A deep baritone voice tells them to 'come in'. Brad opens the door and Sophia walks in. The sound of the door shutting makes her turn her head back to find Brad didn't enter with her.