Chapter 24: Heat

Luca checked his watch one last time before looking into the mirror in his closet. He felt like a boy in high school once again going on his first date. He looked over the navy blue button up he had on along with dress pants. He wasn't sure what the hell to wear and if he was being honest with himself... He was nervous. Exhaling loudly he checked the clock again before cursing and changing again. This time ending up in a pair of blue jeans and a gray sweater. He felt more casual like this and decided he didn't have time to change again so this one was it. He went downstairs where his mother was standing by the door.

"Just like the first time.." Her eyes dancing with mirth as if recalling a memory.

"Mom" He warns lowly earning a low chuckle from her. She walks over hugging him tightly as she had always done. He equally embraced her allowing his nerves to relax.

"I'm happy for you lil' man." She pulled back with teary eyes but with a wide smile. He felt his heart melt at the sight of her. The woman he compared all others to. "Now, food is ready for you."

"Thank you Angel"

Her body freezing momentarily before she shook out of it. "It's been a while since I heard that nickname, it still makes me happy."

"As much as mom?"

"Well that's not a nickname... That's a title that I carry proudly."

He smirks at his mom but he knows she is serious. He may never had been of her blood but it never made him feel any less disconnected from her compared to his siblings. In some ways, he still feels like he is her favorite even if they never voice it. He kisses her forehead and leads her out of his home. He helped her to her car where George got out helping her in before nodding to Luca. She waved at him as they pulled out. He was thankful for her help tonight. He didn't want to burn anything and she was an excellent cook. She was more than happy to help once she learned it was for a date.

He got in his car and eagerly made his way to his Tesoro's home. The drive was quick enough before pulling up to the home. He took a deep breath as if preparing for what he knew would be take his breath away. She did every time and it was so effortlessly. She had no idea the power she had over him and he loved her oblivious view to her own beauty. Getting out of the car, he walked up to the door ready to knock when the door swung open.

"Holy shit"

His words were low but not enough to not be heard by the read hair beauty before him. She quickly placed her fingers to his lips making all his breathing halt. As if her outfit didn't already do that. She was wearing a green jumper that wrapped around her. The shorts were very short showing off her long milky legs and the cut in between her breast dipping low. Her hair was down with soft curls. He remembered the day she said she would only put her hair up if absolutely necessary. Looking at her now, he was glad he took that extra inhale in the car but he didn't know if he would be able to breath at all tonight.

"Destiny just laid down and she is a light sleeper."

"Tesoro, you look... sensational." His voice dropping a notch as he pulls her finger away from his lips. Her blush reaching her cheeks making his body flood with heat. His blood practically boiling as she bit her lip before saying a small 'thank you'. "Shall we?"

She nodded her head. He wrapped his arm around her waist drawing her in as her smell invaded his nostrils as he inhaled deeply recalling it to memory. She looked at him and he could see the darkness swarming in her own gaze. He cursed himself feeling like he could rip that dress to shreds right now. He cleared his throat walking her to his car before guiding her in gently. She complied and he couldn't his eyes from going to her legs momentarily.