Chapter 34: Reactions

Luca was staring out the window with his foot continuously tapping on the ground. Every few seconds, his eyes shift from the scenery outside to the door as his mind kept replaying the same questions. Is she going to be upset? Should I have told my mom? Where did they take her? WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?!?

"Son, you need to breathe."

Luca's bright blue eyes snap to match a similar pair. His dad is sitting on the couch watching him with a knowing smirk. Lifting the glass to his lips he turns his attention back to the door of his childhood home. Theo and his father roped him into the spending the afternoon with them after his Tesoro was whisked away by the women of his family.

"He's in love Xavier, give him a break." Theo plops down on the couch now with a refurbished drink in hand. His father rolls his eyes at his best friend. Luca can't help the small smile from his uncle. "You were a goner when you meet H."

"Since when do you call my wife H?" Xavier says with a raised brow and his lips set in a hard line.

Luca can't help but chuckle while Theo burst out laughing staring at his father incredulously. "my wife... calm down. And That is exactly what I'm talking about."

Xavier just shrugs not caring that he is still the possessive man he was all those years ago. Luca rolls his eyes still smiling at his dad. His father pulls out his cell dialing one before bringing to his ear. "Hey sweetheart, you have an anxious son sitting here. When do you think-"

He stops talking as the sound of the front door opens. Luca is first to stand looking at the door with his heart beating frantically. Both his father and Theo stand turning as well. His mother comes through the door first turning to the living room. "I'm right here love." 

He watches as his father walks to her embracing her in his arms and kissing her soundly on the lips. Cami is next in the door making her way to Theo who wraps her up around the shoulder hugging her petite frame to his large one. He kisses her on the crown of her head before pulling back to look down at her with a smile. She smiles as well up at him. Luca sees Cassidy come in but then shuts the doors and his heart plummets into his stomach. He walks around the elder couples towards his younger sister.

"Where is she?"

Cassidy sets the bags down sighing loudly turning to her brother. "What no hi baby sis?"

He gives her a deadpan look making her pout at him. She crosses her arms waiting for him to cave fully aware that he eventually would. It only took a few more seconds before he groans stepping forward to hug her briefly pulling back. "Hi sis, where is she?"

She giggles shaking her head, "she wanted to go visit her sister. She got the call they had returned from the beach and she wanted to go to them so we dropped her off on the way home."

She walks around him into the living room. Luca sighs turning back to his family and slowly walking back to his chair. He sits down and Cassidy sits on the arm of the chair as they turn to the adults. Theo has Cami tucked under his arm still standing. His mother however has found her spot on top of his father's lap. It used to make him cringe but he has become accustomed to it and also finds comfort in the fact that love can last for so long.

"Mom, was she upset?" Luca asks gaining everyone's attention.

Heather's eyes meeting his with a soft adoring smile on her lips. "No lil' man, she had a good time."

"I think Aunt Cami's present probably was the highlight of the day." Cassidy pipes in. Luca's eyes drifting to his aunt. She winks at him as his uncle kisses her temple.

"That girl is a 10 Luca. You got your godmother's stamp of approval."

Everyone chuckles at her even Luca. He stands walking over to her bringing her into a hug. A soft whisper 'thank you' making her squeeze him back. He steps back looking around the room at his support network. Realization dawns on him that everyone in this room has supported his relationship with Sophia. His chest warming with the newly discovered information.