Chapter 10: Commanding the Room

"Luca, the men from Stonewall Inc. are in the meeting room."

He looks up as a small smile tugs at his lips. She has been such a breath of fresh air in his overly stuffy office. She had no idea that he was practically drooling over her this morning. Sophia either isn't aware of what attention she draws or just doesn't care. Due to her innocence, he believes it to be the ladder. She was quite mesmerizing as she worked away at the computer. Her eyes completely glued on her task and everything else seeming to not exist. He should know, he stood at his door like a creep for a solid ten minutes and not once did her eyes stray from the computer screen. 

"You ready Tesoro?"

She rolls her eyes but Luca could see the blush creeping to her cheeks. She would never admit it, but he could tell she liked the nickname. He stood up making her eyes focus back on him. He smirked seeing as her eyes gazed over his figure. He was pleased to see that she had eyes for him because he certainly was enraptured by her. Walking from behind his desk towards her makes her eyes finally meet his. He doesn't say anything about her staring and just places his hand to the small of her back guiding her back out of the room. 

He continues walking towards the meeting room still with hands gently placed on her. He has realized how much he likes having her near. It helps calm his nerves when his mind is running rapid. Going out to lunch with her was certainly not planned but it was a delight. It was the first time in a very long time that his mind didn't consume of work. Her voice calling him by name does something to him that he has yet to figure out. He knows one thing... he likes it. 

Sophia steps forward pulling up the door to the meeting room. Sitting on one side are four suited men. They are quick to stand up as he walks forward. Although he wants to come right out and give them hell. He decides to play along a little while longer. He reaches over the table shaking each of there hands before the men take their seats. Glancing over, he finds Sophia standing by the door looking so unsure of herself. He stands and pulls out the chair beside his looking intently at her. She drops her head and scurries to sit down. 

"Gentlemen, this is my assistant, Ms. Andrews."

He watches as all men glance to her but one in particular continues to gaze at her longer than deemed appropriate. Luca clears his throat making the man look to him. His eyes set in a narrow glare with his face stern. After a moment of dead silence and thick tension, Luca finally breaks his gaze taking a seat beside Sophia before tugging on the arm rest of her chair to pull her closer before he settles. 

"I have read your contract gentlemen..."

"We think it would be highly beneficial for both parties."

Luca nods his head not saying anything as he holds up the contract that had Sophia's red writing in the margins before glancing to her. She is still looking at her lap showing how nervous she is. He turns his attention back to these men. 

"How would it benefit Sanford Drake Inc?"

"The earnings of course" The man says with his arms open in a gesture. His eyes gleaming but Luca knows that look. Greed.

"Did you gentlemen know how this company came to be?" 

Luca leans back in his chair as he looks to each of them. Three seem to be confused by his statement but one of the silent men have a smirk on his lips. The same man whose gaze continues to drift to Sophia. 

"It was founded by your father and he then overtook D&R. He then co-named the company from his current wife."

Luca could feel his blood boiling. These men were not only fools, they were idiots. He was about to retort but a giggle made him snap his attention to his right. She had her hand covering her mouth but that didn't stop the sound from coming out or her body from shaking. It was not only he who was looking at her.