Chapter 56: Reactions and Letters

Sophia couldn't help but tear up at his words. Lucca smiles gently leaning over to kiss her cheek. Her eyes shutting on their own accord at his tender touch that she has grown to need. His lips linger momentarily before his warmth leaves making her open her eyes. He then ushers her over to one of the open chairs next to his youngest sibling, Cassidy. The blonde beauty grinning as Sophia slides into the chair. Luca then sits beside her feeling a grip on his shoulder from his 'favorite' uncle. Sitting at the heads of the table are his parents whom are already looking at the couple with gentle eyes. 

Sophia's attention is pulled to Cassidy who is telling her about her newest boyfriend. The energetic blonde couldn't keep the smile from her face. It was clear she liked the boy immensely. Sophia jumps slightly feeling a hand brush her leg. Her head snapping to Luca who is talking to his uncle Chris with a smirk on his lips. She narrows her eyes at him but he doesn't look at her. She huffs trying to relax but feeling the heat in her cheeks as she turns back to Cassidy. 

"Sophia, are you feeling alright? You look a little pink."

The table goes quiet at CJ's question. Sophia was practically begging the earth to swallow her whole as she turn to the elder sister. She finds CJ and Junior looking between her and Luca. Luca couldn't look more irritated if he tried. A deep chuckle makes everyone turn to the head of the table. Xavier's eyes showing amusement as he clearly knows what is happening. 

"She's fine CJ. Just a bit heated in here. Right Sophia?"

Her hand shoves Luca's off her leg making it hit the table. Everyone's eyes snapping to him whose jaw is locked. "Yes Mr. Sanford."

"Call me Xavier sweetie." Sophia nods but doesn't say anything further. 

"So brother, I hear you actually took a vacation." Junior says sporting a wide grin as the table once again looks shocked. Sophia looking around confused by his reaction before she looks to Luca. Feeling her gaze, his eyes turn to her as his hand comes over wanting hers. She obliges as the man beside Luca whistles lowly. 

"My nephew actually took a break??" Luca gives him a swift nod in return. 

"That's wonderful dear." His grandmother speaks across the table. 

Sophia looks to the eldest member of the family who is smiling at her grandson. Her finger unconsciously rubbing his hand in circles making him squeeze it in return. Luca's younger brother begins to speak again. 

"So did anything interesting happen while you were over there?"

"Yes actually.." Luca says reaching for his glass of water. Sophia watches the younger brother's eyes light up. "I got to experience the light festival."

With that his bright eyes simmered and he began to pout playfully. CJ released a loud laugh before holding out her palm towards her twin. Junior grumbles pulling out his wallet before smacking a bill into her hand. She sticks out her tongue as the table laughs. Sophia is confused which is clear to CJ. 

"Sorry sis, he bet me that Luca would propose."

"Oh," Sophia says as the table chuckles as she looks down to her lap. Luca's finger rubbing over her engagement ring making her smile. 

"Well sis, I wouldn't hold that money for too long." Luca speaks up making everyone's eyes go wide again. 

He lifts his and Sophia's hands showing the ring that was gifted by his mother. Gasp and squeals are heard all around before they are swarmed yet again. Sophia relaxed as everyone seemed happy as they embraced her. Luca's mother had tears in her eyes as she pulled back to look at the ring.