Chapter 28: Strength

"Lil Man, is Sophia coming tonight?"

Luca smiles shaking his head negatively. He walks over to his mother who is currently mixing something on the stove. He kisses her hair line softly. "It smells good mom."

"Back it up son, she's taken."

He smirks turning his head to find his dad entering the kitchen. He steps back as he watches his father go to the back of his mother encircling her waist from behind. Both of their faces holding a warm smile as his dad whispers something in her ear. 

"Eww"

All eyes snap to the entrance to find Cassidy with her hand over her eyes making him chuckle. His parents joining in to giggle at her antics. It was Sunday night's dinner and Luca invited Sophia to join however she wanted to spend some time with her sister and Destiny before her first appointment tomorrow. 

This afternoon they went to take photos for that woman who hired Sophia. The piece was about Urban Jungle so they headed into the city taking photos in many different areas. Luca was incredibly impressed by the angles that Sophia found. It gave him a different perspective to look at. There was one photo that he informed her he wanted a copy of. It mixed the city perfectly with the environment that surrounds it. 

They made a day of it with just traveling around

They made a day of it with just traveling around. He decided to let her lead and he experienced California in a way he had never seen before. They traveled around on a motorcycle allowing the warm wind to whisk them wherever. He saw dancers, and street merchants along with families just walking hand in hand. It was a breath of fresh air compared to his normal day to day activities. At one point Sophia danced along with a group of kids and he took pictures enjoying how she was just letting loose. Sophia encouraged him at one point to play soccer with a group of boys. He obliged and honestly had a good time. 

"So did she get what she needed?"

Luca smiles nodding at his kid sister. He told her this morning because she wanted to come along but Luca wanted his alone time with his tesoro so Cassidy decided to stay home. 

"Did who get what?" His father asks turning away from their mother. 

"Sophia got hired to take photos for a magazine earlier this week so I went with her." Luca says still smiling as he sips his water. 

His father walks over sitting down at the table studying him. His lip tugging up seeing his son's happiness. "I didn't realize she was photographer."

"That's what she was doing before coming to the company."

"That must be exciting." His mother  chimes in bringing the final dish to the table setting it in the center. "Did she travel?"

Luca nods his head, "Yeah, she actually got paid by TIMES magazine to travel the world for them."

Xavier smiled surprised by the young beauty. "That's impressive. Not many are hired by elite magazines especially on retainer."

"Well tell us more about her." His mother encourages as she begins dishing up the pasta dish onto everyone's plates.