Chapter 55: The Family

Luca glanced over at Sophia who was biting her lower lip. He was highly amused at her nervousness to go to his family dinner tonight. They were going to be announcing the engagement and Sophia has been worried for the last few days about how his parents and siblings were going to react. Yes siblings, apparently the twins were visiting this weekend. He wasn't expecting them but was told earlier this morning. Sophia was feeling overwhelmed all morning. He tried to calm her nerves but all went in vein as they pulled up to the familiar home that he cherished for so long. 

Sophia tried to calm her racing heart as Luca parked the car. Her eyes glued on the mansion of the home. It wasn't like she hadn't met the family before, nor were they not welcoming... but what if they don't approve of the time frame. It's not every day you get engaged to someone you met less than a year ago. She knew in her heart that Luca was her future but his families approval still met a great deal to her. She jumps in her seat feeling a gentle touch to her hand. She didn't even realize she had begun chewing on her nail. 

"Tesoro... Look at me," her dazzling greens slowly lifting to his electric blues. "Everything will be fine. I don't want you to worry okay."

She nodded her head not trusting her voice. His eyes search hers for a moment before he releases a soft sigh and leans over the console to give her a sweet reassurance. Her mind drifting away from all previous thoughts as his kiss devours all other preconceived notions. Her mouth moving eagerly against his own earning a deep groan making her core warm. He pulled away still gripping her neck gently. His eyes such a dark ocean blue as he seems to be restraining himself. Her own breathing labored but she can't seem to regulate it. 

Knock Knock

They snap their eyes to Sophia's window. A tall figure leans down so he can into Luca's car. "Are you two planning on coming in or continuing?"

"Fuck off Junior!" Luca yells as Sophia turns her face trying to hide her mad blush. 

The twin laughs loudly as he opens Sophia's door holding out his hand to her. She unclasps her buckle before gripping Luca's chin momentarily. His fury still stirring in his gaze but softening as she looks at him. She leans forward giving him a swift kiss before pulling back and turning to take the younger Sanford's hand. She thanks him gently while Luca grumbles climbing out of his car. His eyes narrowing in on his little brother who is sporting a smug grin. Luca rounds the car but Junior is already taking off for the house still cackling away. He huffs but looks to Sophia who is once again staring at the house deafening. Forgetting about his brother momentarily he walks to her and wrapping his arm around her back. 

"I love you Sophia"

Her eyes instantly snapping to him as she smiles a genuine smile, "I love you Luca."

He nudges his head to the door and she nods as her feet finally begin to move. As they enter the beautiful home. A shorter brunette woman is found walking arm in arm with an older gentlemen. Sophia not recognizing either of them but their eyes meet hers before drifting to Luca. He releases an incredulous chuckle before his heat leaves her. He walks directly to the older pair and engulfs them in a hug. Sophia stands their watching as the couple smile over his shoulder before he releases them. The woman's eyes catching her yet again. Luca turns to see she hadn't moved before looking back to the couple. 

"Tessa, Leo... this is my better half, Sophia Andrews." 

Sophia slowly steps forward giving a tight smile not sure what to do under the woman's all knowing gaze. Her eyes never wavering from hers. The man's face showing shock and awe as he looks to her. Luca holds out his hand which she doesn't hesitate to take. Her eyes still locked with the brunette.