Chapter 51:Surprise Visit

Luca ran his fingers through his hair as he came back down the stairs. His intimate moment with Sophia evaporated the moment he found his beaming mother standing at the door. As much as he loves his mother, he really wished she would have called first. 

"Where's my nephew?!"

Luca's head whipping to the door to find his beaming aunt standing there with her arms on her hips. He releases a deep breath chuckling lowly before taking the final steps down the stairs while his aunt walks to him with open arms. She engulfs him in one of her bone crushing hugs as she hums happily. He can't help but smile at this woman. 

Once she had her fill, she releases him to turn walking into the living room. Luca's eyes turning to find his mother standing there with a gentle smile. Her eyes holding pure love as they look to him. His earlier irritation melted away just by that simple look. His mother had always been able to make him feel more than he cared to at times but it just naturally occurred. He walks into the living room giving his mother a warm hug which she equally returns. 

"My word lil man, that trip did you good."

He pulls back giving his mother a smirk, "No... Sophia did."

His mother's smile widening at his omission. Cami coming over to lock arms with her as they look to him in awe. He rolls his eyes and turns trying to hide the pink creeping up his neck. His eyes catching sight of Sophia peaking down the stairs. He leaves the women walking to his love taking her hand gently pulling her into the living room. 

"Tesoro, I believe you remember-"

"THERE'S MY GIRL!"

Cami jumps to her pulling her into a hug the fair beauty was not expecting. A humph leaving Sophia from the sudden impact as Luca and Heather just shake their heads at her antics. Sophia relaxes after a second giving out a small giggle and hugging the woman back. Cami releases her just to hold her by the shoulders to look at her. 

"You are looking beautiful!"

Sophia blushes turning to glance at Luca who just rolls his eyes at his aunt. Heather gently nudges her best friend to the side before opening her arms to the red head beauty. Sophia gives a soft smile walking into the welcoming embrace. Luca watching on as his mother holds his love with just as much care as she does him. The sight warming his heart. 

Heather releases the girl looking at her with joy before looking to her son. He has grown so much because of Sophia and she was so happy. He was smiling, and not just the small smile reserved for her but a genuine big smile. Sophia seeing Heather's eyes well up turns to Luca who just gives her a smile holding out his hand for her. She takes it stepping back beside him. 

"Luca, did you call Sophia Tesoro?" Cami says with an eye brow raised and an amused smile on her lips. Luca nods his head at her glancing to Sophia. Her eyes finding his before he leans forward kissing her forehead. "Man, I haven't heard that nickname in a while..."

Sophia's eyebrows furrow in confusion as Heather smirks at Luca before her gaze turns to Sophia. "My father uses the term of endearment for my mother. She was part of an Italian family."

Sophia nods looking up to him, "That's where you got it from."

Luca grins recalling the visits his grandparents on the his mother side. He remembers growing up watching how intimate they always were and how the nickname would make his grandmother swoon. He thought it fit Sophia perfectly and the term slipped before he even realized it. He doesn't regret it, he may not speak to much Italian but the term was an important one in his family and he would never forget it. 

"You are my tesoro," his voice soft making his aunt squeal but Luca doesn't turn away from Sophia. His beauty turning a shade redder from the intensity of his words.