Chapter 4: Finding a Gem

Brad pushes the door open ushering Sophia inside. His hand loosening on her fingers as he takes her to a chair in front of his bosses desk. His boss raises a brow as the red head shyly ducks her head and takes a seat before looking back to him.

"Sir, this is Ms. Sophia Andrews. She is head of the finance department."

Still with a raised brow, his boss turns his attention to the newcomer. "It's nice to meet you Ms. Andrews however I am particularly busy. What is this about Brad?"

Brad takes the contract placing it down on the desk. Sophia's red pens marks still on the page. His boss picks it up tipping his glasses to look at it. His eyes zeroing in on the clause. He sits it down slowly looking to Brad who shakes his head pointing to Sophia. His boss' brows furrow in confusion. 

"Ms. Andrews, did you discover this?" Sophia clears her throat lifting her head. Her green eyes locking with him making his eyes widen slightly. She nodded timidly. "How did you discover this?"

"I was proofreading the contract for-"

"I am well aware that Mr. Russo allows both Taylor and Jessica to look over these but how did you discover this?" Brad stiffened not realizing that his boss was aware of his partners in crime. "Don't look so shocked Brad, we have to keep an eye on all computers within the office and all there transactions."

Sophia giggled seeing Brad's blush creeping up his neck at being caught. The man smiles hearing the wistful sound. Her attention all on his staff member. When she turns back to him, she has a brilliant smile on her lips. 

"You must Jessica's sister, yes?"

"Yes sir"

"Please call me Marcus"

"Yes Marcus" She answers still smiling. Her body language much more relaxed then when she entered. She stands back up picking up the document. "That isn't all."

Brad and Marcus step forward as she flips to another page where more notes are made. This company also placed a binder stating that they would gain 5% of Sandford Drake Inc if all obligations were not met. 

Marcus raises a brow looking to Brad, "What do I pay you for?"

"To find gems like her" he says with pure confidence as he points to Sophia. She laughs again while Marcus smirks.

"Ms. Andrews, we could really use you in the Legal department."

"Sorry sir, but I am only here til my sister returns."

"You wouldn't be interested in a job?" Marcus asks sounding baffled. Many people apply to work at such a prestigious company and this woman doesn't sound bothered by it. 

Sophia shakes her head negatively ready to be back out in the world experience it all and soaking as much as she can. "Thank you for the very considerate offer however it isn't in my cards sir."

"Marcus" He stresses. She gives him a beautiful smile while nodding. "Thank you for your help then Ms. Andrews. Please feel free to look at other contracts during your time here. I'm sure Brad could use it."

"HEY" 

Sophia's laughter bounces off the walls of the very stiff room as she gets up. As she begins to stand, a board beside the window catches her attention. A very long chalk board with an incomplete equation on it. She tilts her head looking at it as her feet take her to it. She lifts the chalk without thinking as she begins completing the equation. 

Marcus and Brad stand back and watch as her mind works on it's own accord. Both remaining silent. Marcus has had that problem on the board for months trying to work through some numerical anomalies he found within the company. He could never figure it out and had left the board as a riddle for his mind to solve. Brad's jaw dropped as she continued writing numbers as if they just fall out of her head. She finished the equation turning around and just silently walked out the door leaving both men completely astonished. Marcus walked over picking up his phone instantly calling Fletcher to see if Mr. Sanford was available for a visit.