Chapter 17: It's Time

Sophia smiles as she lays her head against the door to the house. Tonight did not go as planned but she somehow felt lighter than she did before. She wasn't sure how Luca was going to take it and his emotions did range. She saw the sadness, the anger, but more than anything the determination. He wanted to get to know her and for once, she did too. Only time could tell how it would work out but for today... She was happy. 

Still grinning ear to ear, she walked back upstairs to check on her sister. It was later but Jess hasn't been sleeping well since her due date was so close. Sophia knocked lightly on her room before pushing the door open. Her eyes going wide not expecting a new comer to be there. 

"Brad?"

He looked up at her. Jess was curled on him as they both were laying on her bed. She looked to finally be asleep which Sophia knew was a task in itself. She looked from him to her and watched how Brad just rubbed Jessica's back in a soothing manner. 

"She called me about an hour ago in some pain." His eyes still looking to Jess as he spoke softly. "Think she just needed a cuddle."

"You sure your gay?"

"Oh baby Sophia... I think all of god's creatures are beautiful but only males can make me salute."

Sophia chuckled shaking her head as she came to sit down at the end of the bed. Brad gave her an easy smile. "Thank you Brad"

"Ahh.. Not necessary. I care a great deal about your sister." 

"I can see that." And it was the truth. Brad may be waving a rainbow flag but he has a soft spot when he looks at Jessica, even Taylor.

"She actually was the one that help me get my job at Sanford Drake."

"Really?" Sophia didn't know that. He nods his head brushing his fingers through Jessica's hair. 

"I just was coming out of law school and no one wanted to give me a chance. Jessica was already established with the company and she spoke to Mark for me."

"Well I'm glad. You're good at your job."

He snorts in return lifting his gaze to her. "Not as good as you apparently. I still don't know why you don't want to stick around after the 6 weeks."

She shrugs not ready to tell him yet. "I love to travel."

"What were you doing before coming here? Jess may have told me but I can't remember shit."

"Photographer." He makes the ahh sound as if remembering. "I've been all around doing shots and selling them to whomever."

"You must be pretty talented to be able to make enough to just continuously move."

"Not bad" She wasn't going to tell him that he had a decent amount set back since she has been hired by some of the largest magazine companies in the world. "I really like it."

"Your sister has told me how much passion you have for traveling."

"It's not really the traveling.." She says shaking her head slightly. "It's the idea of looking at something and getting a different perspective on it."

"You are definitely a rare gem aren't you?" He says with a twinkle in his eyes. Sophia lifts her gaze to look at him. "You are extremely smart, quite beautiful, soft spoken, and on top of that... you are artistic as well."

Sophia drops her head not thinking of herself that way. "I am definitely not artistic."

"I bet if I looked at your photos, I could feel exactly... EXACTLY what you felt at that moment."