Chapter 31: Ours

Luca grinned as Sophia stepped out of her home. She looked stunning as usual and tonight, he finally gets to tell his family his plans. He looks to her and instantly feels his heart race. It is an odd phenomenon for him. The first time he felt it was for his mother so many years ago. Then with the arrival of his siblings. Most recently was the day he met Sophia. 

Although it feels like a life time ago now. It has only been a few months but the reality was that he has known for some time was that Sophia was his future. There were so many little things that made him love her but it was just her personality that enraptured him. She is absolutely stunning but her inner light is what he loves most. Now it was just a matter of putting everything into action. 

"You look breathtaking tesoro"

Her blush making his smile widen. He loved the effect a mere compliment had on her. She came forward and pecked his lips quickly before pulling back, "thank you"

He chuckled kissing her forehead before opening the door for her. She climbed and he was quick to make his way around to the driver side. His hand instantly going over to her leg. It has become accustom for her to lace her fingers through his almost instantly. His eyes looking to their hands for a second before pulling out onto the road. 

"I have something I want to tell you before we get to your parents home."

He glances at her before redirecting his focus, "Is everything okay? Are you not feeling up to go-"

"No no, nothing like that." She interrupts his ramblings while her thumb rubs over his hand. "I have a match."

Luca's eyes go wide and his heart skips a beat instantly understanding what she is referring to. He makes quick work to pull over before giving her his full attention. His body twisting in the seat looking at her. She had glistening eyes as she nodded in confirmation. He laughed happily before pulling her into chest. He couldn't believe it. It was not easy for this to happen and for them to find a match within a month is nearly impossible. He pulls back cupping her face. 

"Who? Wait- when did you find out?"

"I found out earlier today and Destiny."

"Destiny? As in your niece?!" He asks while she nods smiling. He smiles widely before smashing his lips to hers. The soft petals accepting him graciously and move with the same ferocity. He pulls back as the tears slip from her eyes. "Are you alright love?"

She nods her head, "yeah... I just didn't think it was possible. I'm still in a state of shock."

"It's good news tesoro." He pecks her lips again not being able to get enough. Her palm coming up to touch his cheek. 

"I told Jess about me moving in with you." He freezes worried making his love release a giggle. 

"Her answer was and I quote 'bout damn time'." Both laughing softly still holding onto each other. Sophia runs her fingers over his defined jaw while her other hand grips his bicep. Emerald eyes locked onto his cobalt blues. Their foreheads rested against each other while they both remain silent. Sitting in a car on the side of the road and neither caring to move. She whispers gently, "are you worried we are moving to fast?"

He lifts his forehead from hers looking deep within her green forest eyes. His hand running over her hair momentarily. "It feels to right for me to care how long I've known you. We could wait a few months or years and it won't change what I feel."

She leans forward to kiss him once more confirming she feels the same way. He keeps kissing her no longer worried about dinner. That is until her stomach begins to rumble making her a blushing mess. He pecks her once more and sits straight before putting the car back into gear and pulling out into traffic. The soft music the only sound in the car as his love continues to play with his fingers that are in her lap.