Chapter 45: Girls Night

"So lover boy is okay without his leading lady?"

Sophia lifts her gaze from Destiny rolling her eyes before going back to her beautiful niece. Her dark hair growing in with curls at the ends. A toothless smile alighting her face as she continues kicking her legs and moving her arms around frantically as she continues grabbing the toys laying near her. Sophia couldn't get over how truly precious the little girl was. Her eyes were bright blue with her dark hair. Sophia really wanted to question about the father's hair color but thought better of it. 

"What about you Jessica? Where is your lover boy?"

Jessica attempted to hide her smile as she looked down at the pillow in her lap plucking at the frail edge of it. Sophia couldn't help but grin seeing her sister so happy. She uses the arm of the couch to get up off the floor to join her sister on the couch. Her head instinctively going to her sister's shoulder. Jessica's head leaning against the side of her head as they watched Destiny on the floor. 

Sophia told Luca she missed her sister and wanted some time with her. Not that she wasn't loving his company... it just wasn't the same as sister love. So with it now being Saturday and only two days from Sophia returning back to his side at the office, she wanted the day with her sister. She came over shortly after lunch with Luca. 

"Sis?"

Jessica turns her head slightly kissing the side of Sophia's wig. Sophia hums in reply. Jessica slowly uses her arm to pull the wig off of her sister's head allowing her to stop Jess if she felt uncomfortable. The hair was growing back in and was about an inch long now. The vibrant red returning and thick. Jessica lays the wig across her legs before rotating slightly to look at her sister. Sophia looked to her with a small smile as her fingers played with the end of her shirt. 

"Much better."

Sophia smiles and it reaches her eyes. Jessica knew she was insecure with her hair loss and luckily Luca was constantly helping in keeping her spirits up. Her color to her skin, the little she had, has returned. It was evident she was beginning to gain a healthy amount of weight back. Jessica was happy to see her sister thriving after a second round with a disease that completely drained her. 

"Now, tell me..." Jessica says propping her elbow on the back of the couch as she rotates to bring her legs up on the couch under her butt. Sophia turns so her body is facing Jessica. "How is living with your boyfriend going?"

Sophia bit her lip thinking about the amazing experience she has had living with Luca. Feeling the heat creep up her cheek she slaps her palms to her face attempting to hide the blush. Jessica giggles lowly but waits for her to answer her. After a moment, Sophia shakes her head dropping her hands looking to her sister. 

"Honestly... It's amazing." Sophia says still blushing madly. Jessica can't help but laugh again at her sister's tomato color cheeks. 

"Aww sis," Jessica coos reaching forward to pinch it. Sophia instantly slapping her hand away while narrowing her eyes playfully on her sister. 

"And what about Brad?" Sophia says crossing her arms. Jessica's laughter dying on her throat making Sophia grin smugly. 

"Wh-what do you mean?" Jessica picks at the pillow again as she glances at Destiny who is still busy with her toys on the ground. 

Sophia snorts very unlady like giving her a deadpan. "Jessica, I know he moved in here."

Jessica's eyes snap back to her sister faster than lightening. "Who told you that!"

"Who do you think?" Sophia rolls her eyes turning her body back to Destiny. Jessica gets quiet for a moment as her brows furrow before they widen in understanding. "TAYLOR!"