Chapter 11: Mrs. Sanford

Sophia runs her fingers through her hair as she finally gathers her ability to move. How could he be so nonchalant with his words. I feel like my body is burning and my lower stomach twisting in a delicious way. Taking a long deep inhale she composers herself before exiting the meeting room. She walks steadily as her mind continues to reel over what just happened.

Where the hell did that come from? How on earth was that appropriate for me to step in?!? Jesus, how did I not get fire?! Not realizing where she is walking she bumps into someone. Her arms quickly coming out to steady the person. She looks up to find a woman who is slightly shorter than her with the most beautiful long golden hair. Wow is all she could think but then her eyes met hers. They were a beautiful bluish green. She was stunning and to top it off, she had a gentle smile on her lips.

"Sweetie are you okay?"

Her voice brings Sophia out of her trance. She shakes her head before finding her voice. "I'm so sorry ma'am. I wasn't looking-"

"It's fine really. Are you okay?" She ask again with a calm expression while Sophia fumbles over herself.

"Yes.. yes I'm fine" Sophia says taking a breath. It's in that moment she realizes she is still holding onto the woman's arms. She yanks them back like they are on fire as her cheeks turn crimson red. "I'm sorry"

The woman giggles gently not seeming to be affected by the fumbling woman before her. "It was my fault as well. I was looking at my phone. No harm done."

Sophia wants to apologize again but closes her mouth and gives a nervous smile before straightening her spine trying to look professional. "How may I help you Miss..."

"Please just call me Heather"

"Miss Heather, how can I help you?" Sophia asks politely as she walks back to her desk. She stands beside it turning back to the woman who has a raised brow looking between her and the desk.

She points towards the desk. "This is your station?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Oh please" She waves her hand dismissively. "Just call me Heather. I thought Fletcher was the assistant."

"He is no longer with the company. I am Lu- Mr. Sanford's assistant temporary."

The woman raises a brow catching her slip as a smile tugs at the corner of her lips. She just continues to stare at Sophia for a moment as if analyzing her. The woman with golden hair takes the few steps to her desk with an outstretched hand.

"I don't think I caught your name."

"My apologies, My name is Ms. Andrews."

"First name?" The woman says as she shakes her hand gently. Her eyes sparkling with an unknown emotion.

"Sophia... Sophia Andrews."

"Sophia.." Miss Heather says as if testing it before nodding thoughtfully. "It's wonderful to meet you miss"

"The pleasure is mine." Sophia's brow furrow by the woman's curiosity focused on her.

She goes to open her mouth but Luca's door opens and he comes out looking directly at her for a moment. His gaze sweeping her as if searching for damage before finally looking to the woman beside her. The woman now has a huge grin on her face and walks over to Luca. Sophia watches as she embraces him while his eyes continue to look to her. He clears his throat as she pulls away to look back at Sophia. The pair now looking at her as Luca opens his mouth.

"Mom, this my new assistant, Ms. Andrews"

"Yes Luca, we have become acquainted." She says glancing between Luca and Sophia. The pair not even caring that she is standing there as they continue to look to each other. She watches for a moment with her eyes twinkling before putting her arm through her son's hugging his arm to her chest. "She said she is your temporary assistant."