Chapter 1: Meet & Greet

Sophia took of her headset putting it in her bag before walking into the upscale building. The building making her feel miniscule compared to the height it stood at. There were many beautiful buildings in Los Angeles however this building just screamed power and regal. It towered over the other buildings surrounding it. 

She took a deep breath and tugged at her shirt. A nice fitted blouse that her sister bought her to wear. She attempted to make her wear a fitted skirt but that didn't fly well. So now she is wearing a pair of dress slacks. Her long auburn hair lying down her back. She has always hated having her hair up and now will only put it up if necessary. Rubbing the blouse once more she pushes through the rotating doors to the lobby. She walks up to the lobby desk where an older man sits. 

"Excuse me, could you direct me to the Finance department please?" 

The man looks up and his eyes go slightly wide at the beauty standing before him. Her long fire locks glowing the morning sun. Her eyes holding the lightest of green eyes and she had a beautiful smile. He shook his head finally responding to her. 

"Yes ma'am. Name please?"

"Sophia Andrews sir."

The man looked up again with a gentle smile. It's not every day a young lady comes in here with manners. It was a nice change to what he usually deals with. 

"Please call me Sam."

"As long as you call me Sophia."

He laughs throwing his head back. Looking back he can see a grin on the young woman's face. He stands up gesturing to his left. 

"Take this elevator to the 14th floor. Head of the department is Jessica Andrews. She will direct you."

"Thank you Sam, can you tell me will her assistant Taylor be there?" Sam raises a brow at her. "Jessica Andrews is my sister and I am here to work while she is on maternity leave."

Sam slaps his forehead as realization dawns on him. "Of course, how could I have forgotten."

Sophia giggles gently at the man. He is an animated character and he was a kind. She liked him already. 

"It's nice to meet you Sam. I'll head up now."

Sam gave a gentle nod of his head still directing her to the elevator. Sophia took another deep breath as she waited by the elevator. A few others standing near her. Only one being a woman who seemed to be focusing on her phone. The other men snickering and talking lowly. 

"Dude, she was incredible! Definitely had my head spinning."

She rolled her eyes and saw the woman do the same. The men continued talking vulgar even as the elevator opened up to them. The three men stepping on as she did with the other woman. The girl once again typing away on her phone. 

"I bet Taylor wouldn't know what that's all about. She probably doesn't even know what a-"

"I'll make this clear to you Will. I have had my own go arounds.. none of which included you."

Sophia has to bite her lip hearing this. That is when she caught the name, Taylor. This may be her assistant for the next few months. Two of the guys snicker at one of the men. The one, Will, narrowing his eyes at the back of Taylor's head. 

"You haven't been so fortunate Tay..." Will says playfully. Sophia cringes thinking that was the worst line she has heard in a while. Looking at the numbers, she realizes she is close to the 14th floor. 

"You're right Will." The elevator dings opening the doors as Taylor steps forward. "Although I hear it's hard to do much with three inches."

Sophia's jaw drops as she steps out. The other men bust out laughing as the door's close on them. Sophia follows the woman who has now walked towards the back offices. Just like she predicted, this is Taylor Wood. Thank god! She followed the brunette who seemed to have went back to her phone. The woman stopped abruptly turning slowly to look directly at her.